system resets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

system resets

Not sure why, but updated to the latest version yesterday, and now when I attempt to backup the main movie on Star Trek Into darkness, The program starts ok, i set the target drive as same read drive, and disk size, exactly same as I have always, the program analyses the disk, starts to write, and shortly after turns off the machine!
    Any ideas? logs don't appear to give a clue, and machine appears to run as normal other than that! i have cleaned up old temp files etc, got over 50 gig of space on the hard drive, cleaned registry with ccleaner, ran a defrag and disk clean up afterwards, all looks and appears fine, but DVDfab crashes everytime I try to write!!!!!

Is it a laptop? If so check the vents and blow it out with an air duster. Sounds like a thermal problem, if it get too hot it will just shut down to prevent permanent damage.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

laptop

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Is it a laptop? If so check the vents and blow it out with an air duster. Sounds like a thermal problem, if it get too hot it will just shut down to prevent permanent damage.
      Thanks, yes it is a laptop,(with external USB Blu Ray drive) and I do keep the fan vents clear, on a regular basis, via the airline at work. I will take it in to work in the morning and blow it out again just in case, BUT, it was working and copying prior to the latest update fine, and I notice a few other comments on here about the latest update failing to copy and freezing just after start, are you sure it is not a bug in the latest version?
      If this is possible how do I revert to the previous version that was working fine?
      Thanks
      Steve

Comment

I'm a user like yourself so you know as much about bugs as I do, but I have a laptop and a couple external optical drives so I can test it with you. Is your external drive one of those thin ones that run on USB power or what?

Albert Einstein

Comment

A lot of laptops have access covers over the fans, maybe 3 or 4 screws to remove them. If yours does that's the way to go. I've seen laptops with big clumps of dust in the fans, merely using compressed air won't remove them.

Comment

clean out

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
            A lot of laptops have access covers over the fans, maybe 3 or 4 screws to remove them. If yours does that's the way to go. I've seen laptops with big clumps of dust in the fans, merely using compressed air won't remove them.
            yes, Toshiba laptop, grill and fan removed, and cleaned out today, now going to try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              I'm a user like yourself so you know as much about bugs as I do, but I have a laptop and a couple external optical drives so I can test it with you. Is your external drive one of those thin ones that run on USB power or what?
              Yes its a USB LG Super multi blue, has been great up until yesterday when I upgraded the software.
              yes, Toshiba laptop, grill and fan removed, and cleaned out today, now going to try it again.
              Steve

Comment

I didn't pursue testing Steve, I realized you were talking Blu-Ray and I don't have an external BR drive.

Albert Einstein

Comment

sorted

Thanks for comments, blew fan out with airline, and machine does run cooler now!
                  Also re installed DVDFab from the main install and not just the update! Works fine now so a successful backup done!
                  Have to say DVDfab has never let me down so far, best program I have ever used!

Comment

You always want to download to your computer and run as administrator to install. Glad you are up and running bud!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X