Cinavia "This is the end" copy issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia "This is the end" copy issues?

I'm pretty sure the product description of DVDFab Blu Ray copy said it could get past ALL copy protection so i could back up my disc, but now i see that i can't copy this to play on my PS3,. any reason why?

Also, since the copy won't work, will ripping it to an mkv, and then burning that video file to a blu ray disc work?

No that won't work. If you burn to a disc Cinavia burns with the mkv. You can put the mkv on an external HDD or USB thumb drive and play it without Cinavia, but you can't burn a disc and get around it.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      No that won't work. If you burn to a disc Cinavia burns with the mkv. You can put the mkv on an external HDD or USB thumb drive and play it without Cinavia, but you can't burn a disc and get around it.
      IS there any reason it doesn't work? because ripping it would convert it into just a video file wouldn't it? or what if i convert it with handbrake to another format and then burn to a disc? It worked with scott pilgrim when my dvdfab wouldn't copy that.

Comment

Give it a try and report your results, others will be interested. Burning to a disc didn't work for me but I have a media player so Cinavia is not an issue for me and I didn't take any pains.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Cinavia is in the audio soundtrack so converting to anything else won't work you will get picture and audio but the audio will stop playing after 20 mins. if you burn it to disk.

Their are some disks with Cinavia on the English sound tracks but not some of the non English soundtracks and the narrator track in English doesn't have Cinavia.

90312 has already told you how to beat it.

Let me add one thing to it their are older blu ray players not effected by Cinavia. My Panasonic DMP-BD75 is one (U.S. version.)
          Most blu ray players before Sept 2012 did not have to put in Cinavia detection in them so the player would have to be built before that date.

Sony products put it in before this date in a software update to the Playstation and many of us will never buy Sony products because of this.A lot of us brought media players as they don't see Cinavia and are not effected by it.Another option if your computer has hdmi outputs is to hook your computer to the tv and watch from your computer using a software player.
          Last edited by glenns; 12-24-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I just made an mp4 with aac audio played it from a USB jump drive on the PS3 and Cinavia kicked in and muted the audio with the message. I guess much depends on the file type and playback device.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              Cinavia is in the audio soundtrack so converting to anything else won't work you will get picture and audio but the audio will stop playing after 20 mins. if you burn it to disk.

Their are some disks with Cinavia on the English sound tracks but not some of the non English soundtracks and the narrator track in English doesn't have Cinavia.

90312 has already told you how to beat it.

Let me add one thing to it their are older blu ray players not effected by Cinavia. My Panasonic DMP-BD75 is one (U.S. version.)
              Most blu ray players before Sept 2012 did not have to put in Cinavia detection in them so the player would have to be built before that date.

Sony products put it in before this date in a software update to the Playstation and many of us will never buy Sony products because of this.A lot of us brought media players as they don't see Cinavia and are not effected by it.Another option if your computer has hdmi outputs is to hook your computer to the tv and watch from your computer using a software player.
              Ah damn that sucks! I mean i guess i can play my blu rays on my computer and hook it up to the TV, but that still sucks i can't get them to work on PS3 :/

Thanks for letting em know how it actually works. Damn copyright protections!

Comment

Not everyone want to hear his but, shop around and get yourself a media player and forget about Cinavia. Rip your Blu-Ray movies to an iso and lose nothing in resolution or audio. You are only limited by storage capacity.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Media players came down in price so did 3 and 4 terabyte USB hard drives.
                  The Micca g2ep600 media player is on sale at amazon for $99 free shipping.

It can do full 3d and other 3d formats also and is one of the few that can play movie's from files or iso's so you don't have to rip to iso's handy if your collection is already in file format on a hard drive.

They also play any format you throw at them and can pass hd soundtracks of any kind.

Comment

Give it a try and report your results, others will be interested. Burning to a disc didn't work for me but I have a media player so Cinavia is not an issue for me and I didn't take any pains.
                    I tried it, it didn't work, it muted the sound and came up with the message. (I just ripped and re burnt - I didn't bother converting with handbrake to another format - i might do later)

However i came across this "DVDFab Blu-ray Copy provides the first universal solution for playback of Cinavia protected Blu-ray on PS3"

Is that a lie? lol.

Comment

If your PS3 is fully updated I don't think that works any longer.

Albert Einstein

Comment

If your PS3 is fully updated I don't think that works any longer.
                        I'll just watch them through my computer in the future and label the discs so i don't forget lol.
                        Shame no one has managed to crack cinavia yet :/

Comment

I have backed up over 200 BD and never had any issues. Now I have these 2 issues

Arthur Christmas has the Cinavia Message 3 about 20 minutes in

Jingles all the way just has a red screen come up about me not having a proper player or something.

I stream everything from my WD externals

Any way around the Arthur Christmas problem yet?

Comment

Originally posted by mckevstah View Post
                            I tried it, it didn't work, it muted the sound and came up with the message. (I just ripped and re burnt - I didn't bother converting with handbrake to another format - i might do later)

However i came across this "DVDFab Blu-ray Copy provides the first universal solution for playback of Cinavia protected Blu-ray on PS3"

Is that a lie? lol.
                            this did work but when sony's next update came out the backups
                            no longer work.

Comment

Royalrooter: What softwear player are you using to play your Cinavia infected files? what device streams them?

I played Auther xmas from computer with Power dvd 11 using hdmi and have no problems with using 2 different USB plug in drives.

Also play fine from my media player using hdmi with the same 2 USB plug in drives.

Seems your playback device is infected with Cinavia.

You need to play them with a unaffected software player like Power dvd 10-11 but not 12-13 or Fab media player then you won't have trouble as these software players are not effected by infected blu rays.
                              Last edited by glenns; 12-25-2013, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X