Cinavia "This is the end" copy issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2013 LG LED SMART HDTV playing MP4 from the usb on the back
    watching The world end 32min in to the movie no cinavia yet.
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Media players came down in price so did 3 and 4 terabyte USB hard drives.
      The Micca g2ep600 media player is on sale at amazon for $99 free shipping.

It can do full 3d and other 3d formats also and is one of the few that can play movie's from files or iso's so you don't have to rip to iso's handy if your collection is already in file format on a hard drive.

They also play any format you throw at them and can pass hd soundtracks of any kind.
      I have tried many media players, some play M2TS files, some don't. The ones that play M2TS files, they don't do it properly: they just list every files in the BDMV/Stream folder, making it very difficult to choose which file to play.

I read about the Netgear TV550, Dune HD, and Micca and it seems these are very good, based on many reviews on the web. However, I haven't had a chance to try these players yet.

So, Glenns, 90312, and any other media experts, I have a few questions here, hopefully you can help me with these:

1. In your opinion, which media player (in the realm of Dune, Micca...) is the best that offer most bang for the buck? I don't have my DVD's and Blu-rays in ISO files, I have them in file structures (you know, a Blu-ray movie folder containing subfolders like Certificate, BDMV ...).

2. Glenns, you stated the Micca EP600 could play the movies from files, I just want to confirm you meant it would be able to find and play the main movie files in correct order after you pointed it to a Blu-ray or DVD movie folder (i.e. Avatar, Man in Steel)? You wouldn't have to pick each and every individual M2TS (or VOB files in the movie folder), right?

3. Will this media player Micca MPLAY-HD 1080p do the same thing as the EP600? I know the EP600, among other features, could handle 3D movies, but I don't have a 3D TV and none of my movies are 3D. The MPlay-HD seems to be cheaper and I can buy a bunch. If this and the EP600 are similar (except the 3D feature) then I can buy 1 EP600 and 2 or 3 MPlay-HD.

Thanks a lot for your help and directions.

Comment

If you where me what media player would you buy ?

Comment

I have an AIOS media player and it will play a movie folder but doesn't play Blu-Ray menus for me, it jumps to the movie a plays it flawlessly. So for me it is a terrible waste of space and I just make an mkv of the movie, but then I don't care about menus and extras anyway. If I wanted all that stuff I would connect to my computer and use DVDFab media player.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

vbcomer: I can only speak for the Micca ep600G2 this media player will play from files or ISO's in alphabetical order.

You click on the folder or ISO and the main movie starts from the start of the movie not the menu or trailers etc.

Most media players are like this for blu rays anyway.
            The micca can play from menu if the blu ray has the old menu type that most of the newer blu rays don't have without the Java stuff I forgot what this type menu is called.Regular dvds can be played from the menu or main movie.

I have a fish tank movie that has 3 different fish tanks that can be looped or played one after the other.

In this case their are 3 movie files in a single folder so you can click on 3 different fish tanks to view one at a time or you can set the Micca to play one after the other.M2ts is played as it should just click the folder and it will play.

The mica has it's own menu system for jumping ahead fast forward reverse zoom etc.So do most other media players.
            Amazon has it for $99.00 shipped free I paid $149 for it.
            Compare features with the non 3d one see if it's cheaper.

Comment

Thanks Glenns. I will try this player.

Comment

Insidious 2

This movie also has Cinevia so are you saying all discs with this on them cannot be burned for playback on a disc. I burned a copy and now the audio is muted. Any way around this?

Comment

Yes that's what I'm saying. If your player has a USB port you can make an MKV and it will play fine from the USB port, but if you burn the MKV to a disk the audio will mute.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok so I just add the files to a flash drive and play from the USB slot. Do I have to convert it to ISO or anything. Sorry I am a newbie and just when I thought we had this Bluray burning down.

Comment

I don't know if you can just use the USB drive as the "save to" or not, never tried that. I usually just use DVD ripper and make and MKV file, an MKV Passthrough if I want to keep the audio and video as is, I know that works.

Albert Einstein

Comment

If someone try's this post your results please so other can learn this trick.

Comment

I tried with a known infected DVD and it doesn't work, or it doesn't work well it lists each .vob separately. It will play one then quit, nothing to knit them together. Tired an ISO and it will not be seen on my Panasonic. So I'll just stick with MKV.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X