Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I convert a 3d blu-ray movie in folder format to working 3D .ISO file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Copy Can I convert a 3d blu-ray movie in folder format to working 3D .ISO file?

I used DVDFAB9 to compress 3d blu-ray movie to 25GB on my hard disk. But instead of saving as an .ISO, I saved to blu-ray folder/file format. This causes the ssif folder to show up as empty.

Is there an easy way to fix this issue. I wonder if DVDFAB9 could implement an option in future releases to automatically construct a new .ISO that would repair the UDF file structure so that the /ssif folder appears as being full. That might be a nice option. Not a neccessity but simply a nice feature so that a person doesn't have to re-compress the entire movie just to get the /ssif folder to show up correctly.

The ssif files are hidden until burned.

You can easily make a iso of a 3d folder.

just make sure when working with 3d folders you use the Fab burning engine
    make sure to have it set in Fab settings under blu ray burner first.Next put folder in Fab set Fab to burn/clone and set the output as Iso on your hard drive or burn to disk.

I don't understand why you want to see the ssif files.Does your player require a ISO to play 3d on your computer?
    Last edited by glenns; 01-09-2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I only want to be able to "see" the ssif files on the final disc

Seeing the files on the final burned disc is a quick sign(probably not a guarantee) that it's a properly burned 3D Blu-Ray disc. Or to put it another way, if you don't see any files in the /ssif folder on the actual burn disc it probably isn't gonna play properly.

I made the mistake of compressing the movie with your software. And then burning it to a bd-r later with ImgBurn. But I burned the movie as a set of individual files and folders, not as a single .ISO image file. Your software would have probably warned me I was making a mistake.

When you say the ssif files are hidden until burned....you just mean there is no visual representation in the /ssif folder?

I understood the files in the /ssif folder to be simply virtual directory entries to files that already exists in the bdmv/stream folder.

Comment

Popeye: Theirs a free helper program named bdinfo you can download it from the web it will show the ssif files and all the audio tracks on the disk or file and very easy to use.If using a iso just load a iso into virtual drive then load the virtual drive into the bdinfo program.If using a folder you can load it into the bdinfo program directly.You can scan a disk also.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by glenns; 01-10-2014, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Thank You

Thanks for posting the link to and the image of the software. I will download this and use it. It looks to be very informative. Thanks.

Comment

Your welcome I thought that little helper program would be right up your ally.

Comment

Hi Popeye, there is a .miniso file under the copied folder, and you can mount it to DVDFab Virtual Drive, then you will see ssif files exist under the virtual disc. This time you can burn this virtual disc with imgburn.
              Freeware DVDFab Virtual Drive: http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
              X