Cinavia from ISO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinavia from ISO?

Hi all, I have an ISO that has Cinavia protection. Once loaded into DVDFab, the remove option is greyed out. Is that because the original has to be loaded from disc, or because my target is a BD-RE 25GB/movie only?

Cinavia never gets removed you need a older player that doesn't see it during playback like the Panasonic dmp-bd75 or watch it from a computer using a software player that doesn't see it like Fabs media player or make a mkv and watch it from memory stick plugged into your tv.

Comment

Sorry, my understanding is that the feature 'masks' the protection, which is fine. Just asking why the feature is greyed out?

Comment

Originally posted by rendez2k View Post
        Sorry, my understanding is that the feature 'masks' the protection, which is fine. Just asking why the feature is greyed out?
        HI rendez2k,
        The option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" can be enabled only when:

1). The original disc or iso has Cinavia protection
        2). The target is set to drive
        3). The target drive must support Cinavia burning as some buners cannot handle burning Cinavia discs.

BTW, I had a test on our side, and when I use an ISO file that contains Cinavia protecion, the option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" is also can be enabled.

For a detailed info about Cinavia, please http://www.dvdfab.com/manual/blu-ray...ection-Cinavia

Best regards,
        -Ning
        Last edited by Ning; 01-16-2014, 04:24 AM.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi, i hope its ok to jump on this thread as my first post but i have exactly the same problem but with a 3D movie, the create protected disc is greyed out, it only becomes available if i select "copy as blu-ray 2D" or selecting "convert to blu-ray SBS 3D". can you tell me why this is or what i am doing wrong.

thanks

Comment

This kind of protected disk was made and worked for PlayStation with old firmware below version 4.0" if your trying to take out Cinavia for any modern player it just won't work.

This only worked for a short time as the PlayStation was able to read a protected disk with old firmware now They can't read this type of disk any longer.

Comment

Hi, ok i understand.

so just to clarify, dvdfab cannot create a protected 3d disc. this seems to be the case as the option to tick is greyed out for "copy as blu-ray 3D"

thanks

Comment

The real question is do you have a device that can play a protected disk as Fab can make one.

Comment

All my ps3's are latest firmware so no. i have 3 blu ray players and one of them can play cinavia back up discs fine as it is an old player and cinavia free.

I think i misunderstood the create a protection option and on top of that i have read the original post wrong so it seems i have hijacked this thread unintentionally with my queries so i apologies to the original poster for that.

i can feel Dune HD coming on.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X