Can't open folder by using + (add)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't open folder by using + (add)

I don't know if this was broken in 9.1.2.2 (things just meld together and I haven't used it that long), but with 9.1.2.5 the following process no longer works:

I'd start DVDfab9, insert a disc and then do a full disc copy (50GB) to the HDD. Then, when that was done, I'd click on + and then click on the directory that was just created, as DVDFab starts in the directory that contains the disc that was just copied. DVDFab9 would see that it is a BD format directory and parse it as if it were a physical disc. At that point I would change to 25 GB mode and output the new job to a different HDD.

But now, DVDFab9 refuses to accept a directory selected by using the + as a source. I have to open explorer and drag the directory to DVDFab. I've never had to do that before and it is a PITA.

Please fix.

I'm using 9.1.2.5 and that function works fine W7. You might try a clean uninstall and reinstall.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      I'm using 9.1.2.5 and that function works fine W7. You might try a clean uninstall and reinstall.
      I'm using XP SP2 (32 bit).

I went back to 9.1.1.1, without uninstalling first, and it works. I then reinstalled 9.1.2.2 and it works. I then reinstalled 9.1.2.3 beta and it is broken. Same goes for 9.1.2.5.

Sorry, but the programmers broke it.

Comment

Well I'm sorry but they did not! It might not work on XP, a quickly becoming obsolete operating system, but the program is not broken.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi MrVideo,

I have reproduced this issue on XP and forwarded to our developer.

It will be fixed ASAP.

Before the fix, you can open folder source through this method: Drag and drop the folder into main interface.

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.
          Last edited by Ning; 01-24-2014, 03:45 AM.
          User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
          For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
          For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
          For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Well I'm sorry but they did not! It might not work on XP, a quickly becoming obsolete operating system, but the program is not broken.
            Excuse me, but DVDFab9 supports XP. Because of that, it should fully support it correctly, especially when it worked with 9.1.2.2 and was broken in 9.1.2.3 and later.

It is broken when it used to work in 9.1.2.2 and previous and no longer does. The OS sure as hell hasn't changed all of a sudden.

So, from my perspective, as a customer, it is broken.

Before you say to go to Win7 or Win8, I can't either of those versions, IMHO, M$ has totally screwed up the desktop interface in those versions.

Comment

You go MrVideo. Looks like they DID break it....

Man I love threads like these. What a great illustration of what some of us have been saying about how paying customers are mistreated.

An end user does the work to clarify the issue and then a moderator tells that end user that the end user is wrong. How dare an end user demonstrate the programmers messed up. I mean really?

Just love it. And seriously, good job MrVideo of sticking to your guns.

Comment

I didn't say the OP was wrong, I said it works on everything except XP, and that's very different. XP dies on April 8th but trust me I don't care if you upgrade or not. Just expect things like this to become more frequent. Having lived through the death of my favorite OS Windows 2000, more and more all program developers will move past XP and you'll be out in the cold.

Albert Einstein

Comment

also broken for me, Win7 Pro 64bit:

Try this:
                  Rename a working BluRay folder by just adding special UTF characters like:
                  ä ö ü ß
                  and try to open the folder by pressing "+ Add"
                  -> Fails for my fresh installation of 9.125

But:
                  DVDFab can still rip to this folder and Dragn' Drop also seems to work

bottom

Comment

I didn't say the OP was wrong, I said it works on everything except XP, and that's very different. XP dies on April 8th but trust me I don't care if you upgrade or not. Just expect things like this to become more frequent.
                    I can understand when a newer release adds a library that provides a new function that isn't available in previous releases.

But, when the underlying structure for doing this function hasn't changed, there is no need to make it not work. Someone changed something that broke this functionality. The programmers need to look at what happened.

The user interface for Win7 sucks and Win8 is even worse. I've heard lots of complaints from Win7 and Win8 users.

Newer doesn't make it better. Think "New Coke."

Comment

Ning has already reproduced this, and they are looking into it.

@ MrVideo
                      There is no need to try and get into a debate with us moderators, we are members just like you but, with elevated privileges on the forum.

We have no idea what gets fixed or broken but, must try to help members with their problems and if we are experiencing it also until the DVD Fab staff can confirm this.

Any further attempts to get into a debate with us will result in your post being deleted and or you having some time off on the forum.

Read this DVDFab Forum Rules again that , that you agreed to when you signed up on this forum.

@ jsmiddleton4 this also goes for you...
                      CBR929
                      Last edited by CBR929; 02-09-2014, 04:36 AM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hang with it as long as you can MrVideo but consider the increased vulnerability after security updates stop, whatever holes remain are sure to be exploited sooner or later. Take care of your personal data!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X