Captain Phillips Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Phillips Problem

So far, this software has worked with perfect success on all I've wanted to do.

Well, until this weekend. I wanted to do Captain Phillips Blu-Ray full disc on 25GB.

It did it's thing and made the ISO file and I burned it at 2X and done.

We started watching it and about 20 minutes in, our audio muted and we got a warning that popped up on our new Samsung Blu Ray 3D Player.

"Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia, and is not authorized for playback on this device."

Thank you copy protection.

So is there a fix for this one? Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kathy

This is not a problem with DVDFab. That title has Cinavia protection. Fab will back the title up, however playback on newer Bluray players and PS3 will not work and will play for only 20 minutes and then the audio playback will stop as you have witnessed.

Developers are working on a fix as far as I understand, but could take some time. Without getting into great detail, you can do a search in the forums here for Cinavia and there will much discussion about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kathysvideos13 View Post
      So far, this software has worked with perfect success on all I've wanted to do.

Well, until this weekend. I wanted to do Captain Phillips Blu-Ray full disc on 25GB.

It did it's thing and made the ISO file and I burned it at 2X and done.

We started watching it and about 20 minutes in, our audio muted and we got a warning that popped up on our new Samsung Blu Ray 3D Player.

"Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia, and is not authorized for playback on this device."

Thank you copy protection.

So is there a fix for this one? Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kathy
      there is no real fix for cinavia protection yet. try an older bluray player.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
        there is no real fix for cinavia protection yet. try an older bluray player.
        Thank you for the quick answer. Is there a program out there that can identify the protection on the disc? So a person would know they would be unsuccessful?

Kathy

Comment

If you read your internal log for a disk it will tell you when Cinavia is detected also when making a disk a warning should come up that cinavia is detected.You can use a software player like Fabs media player,powerdvd 11 or a hardware media player or older blu ray player that doesn't detect Cinavia.

You can also try watching on the computer with the Fab previewer.Most Sony movies have Cinavia on them.Some have tried making MKV's and watch from a external hard drive or plug in stick plugged into bluray players usb jacks if you bluray player has a usb jack.

Comment

Hi kathysvideos13,

1) First of all, please visit http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html to check if your Blu-ray player supports Cinivia or not. If yes, we suggest you choose your Blu-ray drive as source, and choose the same Blu-ray drive as target, then check the option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" before you start copying. Then play your burned Blu-ray disc on your Blu-ray player.

2) If your Blu-ray player does not support Cinavia, we suggest you choose your Blu-ray drive as source, and choose the same Blu-ray drive as target, then uncheck the option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" before you start copying. Then play your burned Blu-ray disc on your Blu-ray player.

3) If your player is one of those new released Cinavia authorized players or PS3 with firmware >= v4.10, please note that it will no longer see DVDFab Cinavia solution (BDMV-REC) discs as a trusted source, which negates the Cinavia solution. We are still working on a new solution.

The option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" can be enabled only when:

1) The original disc or iso has Cinavia protection
            2) The target is set to drive
            3) The target drive must support Cinavia burning as some buners cannot handle burning Cinavia discs.

FYI, please refer to attachment picture to get the location of option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0"

Thank you very much.
            -Ning
            Attached Files
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Well there is sorta a solution. Use a reliable stable media playback device like KDLinks, PIVOS AIOS, Meder8er or WDTV with newest firmware and archive the bluray to a hard drive and playback via the media server. Cinavia is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ning View Post
                Hi kathysvideos13,

1) First of all, please visit http://blog.dvdfab.com/cinavia-protection.html to check if your Blu-ray player supports Cinivia or not. If yes, we suggest you choose your Blu-ray drive as source, and choose the same Blu-ray drive as target, then check the option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" before you start copying. Then play your burned Blu-ray disc on your Blu-ray player.

2) If your Blu-ray player does not support Cinavia, we suggest you choose your Blu-ray drive as source, and choose the same Blu-ray drive as target, then uncheck the option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" before you start copying. Then play your burned Blu-ray disc on your Blu-ray player.

3) If your player is one of those new released Cinavia authorized players or PS3 with firmware >= v4.10, please note that it will no longer see DVDFab Cinavia solution (BDMV-REC) discs as a trusted source, which negates the Cinavia solution. We are still working on a new solution.

The option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0" can be enabled only when:

1) The original disc or iso has Cinavia protection
                2) The target is set to drive
                3) The target drive must support Cinavia burning as some buners cannot handle burning Cinavia discs.

FYI, please refer to attachment picture to get the location of option "Create protected disk(BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <=4.0"

Thank you very much.
                -Ning
                Ning, so is this possibly a fix that you typed out?
                Don't make an ISO and instead use my burner both as the source and as a target.
                I do have the cinavia on my 2012 Samsung player. I also don't have it connected to the internet.
                I look forward to trying this again in the morning with my Capt Phillips disc.

Kathy

Comment

Kathy:This won't work because your player is infected with Cinavia detection it's really a old solution for old Playstations and a very few other players.See the other solutions posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X