This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't copy individual epsiode from BD without commentary

I'm trying to copy an individual episode from a blu ray (Battlestar Galactica 4.5 disc 1). My intent is to create simple .m2ts files that can be streamed to my set top device.

Each TV episode shows up under two separate titles in the list. For each title, two audio streams are listed (DTS and AC3).

No matter what, the extracted .m2ts files always contain commentary (and in some cases PodCast commentary). I've tried copying each title separately, and each auido stream separately. If I select only the DTS stream, the file has no audio. If I select the AC3 stream, there is audio but it includes commentary.

Seems like there must be some kind of audio stream that DVD Fab doesn't see and doesn't know how to isolate. I don't know how it works, only that I don't want to watch with commentary.

Originally posted by hancockjt View Post
    I'm trying to copy an individual episode from a blu ray (Battlestar Galactica 4.5 disc 1). My intent is to create simple .m2ts files that can be streamed to my set top device.

Each TV episode shows up under two separate titles in the list. For each title, two audio streams are listed (DTS and AC3).

No matter what, the extracted .m2ts files always contain commentary (and in some cases PodCast commentary). I've tried copying each title separately, and each auido stream separately. If I select only the DTS stream, the file has no audio. If I select the AC3 stream, there is audio but it includes commentary.

Seems like there must be some kind of audio stream that DVD Fab doesn't see and doesn't know how to isolate. I don't know how it works, only that I don't want to watch with commentary.
    Hi hancockjt,
    I don't believe that BD can be that specific in removal of audio, why wouldn't you just jump to the next chapter, there by avoiding the commentary altogether.
    just a thought

Comment

This may be relayed to the problem. Are menu selections being used???
      My objective is to copy Blu-ray main movie, no extras. But got lines of printed voice of actors across bottom.
      I had unchecked all subpictures and all audio except one, English AC3/5.1
      Get sound on speakers OK. But would also get voice printed lines in preview and burned to disc (not won'ted).
      Discovered this.
      After all the unchecks.
      Do not click the Next bottom to burn a disc.
      First test with preview on scenes where actors are talking.
      If printed lines appear, I do this.
      click to select full disc. ( but don’t make any changes)
      click main move ( return to desired function)
      After returning to main movie menu, all the unchecked are still unchecked.
      But now test again for the printed voice lines and they are gone in preview and are now gone in a burned disc.
      So, the un checks sometimes appear to get lost. Have only done 4 backups and don’t know how consistent this problem is.

using 6.0.7.0
      Vista with SP2
      LG GGWH20L
      Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 ghz

Comment

Originally posted by K9Mike View Post
        This may be relayed to the problem. Are menu selections being used???
        My objective is to copy Blu-ray main movie, no extras. But got lines of printed voice of actors across bottom.
        I had unchecked all subpictures and all audio except one, English AC3/5.1
        Get sound on speakers OK. But would also get voice printed lines in preview and burned to disc (not won'ted).
        Discovered this.
        After all the unchecks.
        Do not click the Next bottom to burn a disc.
        First test with preview on scenes where actors are talking.
        If printed lines appear, I do this.
        click to select full disc. ( but don’t make any changes)
        click main move ( return to desired function)
        After returning to main movie menu, all the unchecked are still unchecked.
        But now test again for the printed voice lines and they are gone in preview and are now gone in a burned disc.
        So, the un checks sometimes appear to get lost. Have only done 4 backups and don’t know how consistent this problem is.

using 6.0.7.0
        Vista with SP2
        LG GGWH20L
        Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 ghz
        Hi K9Mike,

Please don't think I am being flippant here, but are you asking a question, or offering a solution, because I am a little confused with what you where saying / asking here.
        1) what menu selections are you referring to ?
        2) sound as though you have forced subtitles enabled ?
        3) not sure what voice printed lines are ?
        4) what is the next button you refer to ?

I will need a little more under standing of clarity of your post.
        thanks K9Mike
        By the way that is a an excellent choice for drivers, the LG that is, have it myself
        Last edited by touchdown_1; 09-24-2009, 04:14 AM. Reason: addendum to post

Comment

Working...
        X