Very slow internet means DVDFap no workie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very slow internet means DVDFap no workie

The need to always have an internet connection in order to work with any disc is a royal PITA.

My DSL internet connection has been a pain in my side lately. I don't know if it is the lousy, extremely cold weather, but the ping turnaround time is running about 3.2 seconds. Yes, that is bad.

Regardless, I am able to get on the website without issue, as witnessed by this posting, and that DVDFab9 has no issue getting logged in. But, whenever I try and RIP any disc, I end up getting the damn internet is required error dialog box. Actually I've never gotten that before. Normally it is a result of DVDFab not being able to log in.

DVDFab9 had no problems getting logged in via the net, yet it can't seem to get the needed info from the server database, which is dumb. DVDFab9 is giving up too easily. And yes, DVDFab8 gives up as well with the same error.

So, right now DVDFab is useless. It needs to better handle a slow network connection.

I haven't had issues with a slow internet connection but I have had my Cox cable internet go out intermittently. Because of this, I got a WiFi USB dongle for my PC and during these brief moments of outage, I connect it to my T-Mobile Note 3 cellphone, which surprisingly gets the same connection as my Cox internet on 4 bars of 4G LTE!

So if you're able to, try to connect your PC via WiFi hotspot to your mobile phone and see if you can connect any faster to DVDFab that way.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
      So if you're able to, try to connect your PC via WiFi hotspot to your mobile phone and see if you can connect any faster to DVDFab that way.
      Not able. For what US Cellular wants a month to allow the phone to become a WiFi hotspot could be spent on getting a cable modem.

Comment

Working...
      X