Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Clone & Gracenote Data

Hello,

Was wondering if a blu-ray BD-R clone disc that was ripped perfectly should be able to obtain Gracenote metadata like the original disc?

My Sony blu-ray changer will download Gracenote metadata for the original discs but will not for the cloned discs. I thought the discs would be exact copies (-protection).

Am I doing something wrong? I'm using CUDA to clone vs. software, if that matters any. Also using 50GB DL Verbatims.

Thanks,

Ron

Homemade copies of TV shows or movies will not be identifiable by the Gracenote movie service. It is only intended to identify commercially available DVD/Bluray discs.

Comment

Yes, these are my personally purchased, commercial blu-rays, like Star Wars, etc.

Comment

OK, re-read SuperFist's post. So, even a perfect DVDFab 1:1 clone of a personally owned commercial blu-ray on a BD-R won't be recognized by Gracenote. Bummer, wish there was a way to fix that.

Comment

I would think since copy protection has been circumvented, this type of service can also be hacked. DVDFab, this could be an opportunity for you to capitalize on another feature in your suite of products!

Comment

Gracenote Data Sony Blu-ray CX960

I also would like to see this feature added to the DVDFab capabilities. I utilize a lot of disc changers and want to have the title and metadata retrieved from Grace note. I see Nero can do it for the music can't this also be done for the Blu-ray community or can someone point me to a forum of how to add it back to the copy files?

Comment

Working...
            X