Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences between DVDFab and BluFab ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between DVDFab and BluFab ??

Hi everybody ..

Are there any differences, except the name of course, between DVDFab 9.1.3.6 and BluFab 9.1.3.6 ?

LePousson

BluFab 9.1.3.6 will no longer decrypt, you'll need an on the fly decrypter with it. I'm using BluFab+Passkey with no problems. If you've purchased DVDFab stay with it, BluFab is for new purchases going forward.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for your reply ...

But if BluFab does NOT decrypt, what are the advantages, especially while DVDFab will do ALL the job and for both DVDs and BluRay ??

LePousson

Comment

Just trust that fengtao knows his business and there is a good reason.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes I am sure he knows his business but why would the users go for BluFab while DVDFab is doing all the job ?

Perhaps if BluFab is quite less expansive then DVDFab, this would be ok ... But will it be like that ??

LePousson

Comment

a thought about Blu-Fab not decrypting . . . guessing

It would seem like Blu-Fab would not be in violation of the USA DMCA if it does not decrypt? That would eliminate the issue with the US court recently? It would also seem like Blu-Fab could work alongside that other on-the-fly decryptor software on the market, expanding the market for it (since doesn't seem capable of offering software that can actually process or convert BD title videos, menus, etc.). It would surely be fun to read comments over at the forum about & BluFab working together.
            Last edited by 90312; 03-22-2014, 09:56 PM. Reason: Forum rules

Comment

Rich86 You've been around long enough to know we don't mention competing software by name on this forum. Don't do it again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Blufab no longer removes Copy Protections

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  rich86 you've been around long enough to know we don't mention competing software by name on this forum. Don't do it again.
                  ok . .

Comment

Originally posted by LePousson View Post
                    Thanks for your reply ...

But if BluFab does NOT decrypt, what are the advantages, especially while DVDFab will do ALL the job and for both DVDs and BluRay ??

LePousson
                    The poor old forum administrators must be banging their heads against a brick wall with all the less than thoughtful questions and statements.
                    The number of locked threads and banned members since the change in "marketing strategy" is a good gauge of that.
                    If I understand it all correctly, the removal of decryption from BluFlab is little more than cosmetic because BluFab plus Passkey will do the same job as DVDFab. I cannot understand why people have not been able to work this out and why there are so many doom merchants foretelling the end of DVDFab in this respect.
                    However it is not simple as that, is it? While most have been remonstrating about change in "marketing strategy" with DVD becoming Blu and the decryptions apparently being passed to Passkey so few have noticed the two elephants in the room: (1) How are people actually going to pay for products as part of the new "marketing strategy"? I would hazard a guess the biggest key for the development of DVDFab and Blufab slash passkey is revenue and haven’t the US Courts ordered the processing of payments to DVDFab Central to be stopped? (2) Doesn’t Passkey use the same decryption methods as DVDFab and that where complained about? Wasn’t Passkey mentioned in the injunction?
                    As I have said in other (locked) threads I am not confused about the difference between DVD and Blu, what I am concerned about is that a simple situation (as such) is being made excessive complicated with changes that on the face of it have their own problems to overcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X