Media Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Questions

I just started backing up Blue Rays and have purchased dual layer 50g disks. These are a bit expensive even buying on line. (10 for 20).

How do you properly compress onto 25g disks and what loss is occurred?

Thank you.

Originally posted by AlanMMMM View Post
    How do you properly compress onto 25g disks and what loss is occurred?
    Thank you.
    You can use BD25 "FullDisc" or "MainMovie" mode and output to BD25 to backup your movie.

If this is done, will be loss the quality of the video, but this a little bit of quality can be ignored for watching movies

Comment

Movie only backups . . .

One of the things you can consider is how much you care about menus, various languages and subtitles vs. video and audio quality. If quality is more important, consider doing movie only backups, and preserve more (or possibly all) of the quality of the original HD blu-ray movie quality.

Comment

50 on 25

There are times when 25gb disk will be enough to copy your original movie only without hd audio and elimination of the foreign language selections. For those that are not I use two 25gb disks and split the backup to two disks. That way I am preserving the 100%. If you purchase a low priced but good quality bd blanks you can do this at a much lower cost than the dl bd. There are some good quality low cost bd disks that work as long as they are compatible with your device you use to record.

Comment

BD-R 25gb media

I just picked up a 25 pack of Ritek 4x inkjet printable 25gb media at Fry's for $13. These have worked fine for me (tried them in both a Lite-On & LG burner).

Comment

Working...
          X