How to identify the correct MainMovie Blu-Ray Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to identify the correct MainMovie Blu-Ray Title

Several Blu-Ray disks I have tried to copy to my server for viewing have multiple main movie titles. Incorrect titles seem to play the movie out of sequence or have other similar issues. Is there an easy way to identify which title is the correct title to copy other than testing each one?

There are probably other ways but I just play it on my set top player and press the info button on the remote and it tells several things about it including the title number. The button might say display or something like that.
    Last edited by 90312; 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by phantomii View Post
      Several Blu-Ray disks I have tried to copy to my server for viewing have multiple main movie titles. Incorrect titles seem to play the movie out of sequence or have other similar issues. Is there an easy way to identify which title is the correct title to copy other than testing each one?
      when there are questionable "which?" bluray movie playlist issues , I have found a quick check that seems to work (if you can't get playlist info on player or short of playing the entire movie thru) is to simultaneously run the movie on a settop player & also on a PC using maybe VLC player or similar BUT just match up the chapter skips for verify start points. This is fast but only works well when both screens are in view at same time so this may not be convenient for some. This also may not be absolutely foolproof but so far I've found that the sequence 'scrambling' done is at the chapter level . jak

Comment

Identifying the correct BD playlist using BDInfo

BDInfo is a really useful little tool & is a free program - http://www.cinemasquid.com/blu-ray/tools/bdinfo

Play your blu-ray title on your set top player and note the total time and chapter count. Then use BDInfo to examine the video playlists and .mpls videos from the title to determine which playlist is correct. Multiple playlist entries with the same length and chapter could be legitimate, could have different angles to accommodate language choices (showing french titles with a french language choice, for example) or could just be the movie studio playing games to foil folks who want to rip and watch their movies off their servers. Once you identify that some further analysis is needed, your best bet is to compare the contents and sequence of the video files referenced in the playlist that match your time and chapter count and look for where the movie studio is playing games. There could be unique incorrect inserted video files, video files out of sequence, etc. BDInfo has a built-in report capability that is very useful for this purpose.
        You could also do some googling of the title and hope someone else has done all this work for you . . . but be careful that someone isn't posting information about a rental version of the title that may not match your purchased retail version.
        Last edited by Rich86; 04-01-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X