X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminator Salvation

I am having problems backing up so i can watch on my playstation 3
    1. I rip to harddrive movie only.
    2. Instead of one large m2ts file i am getting multiple m2ts files Approx 21
    3. I tested to see if these files were visible to my ps3 and they are, however my ps3 is saying they are corrupt, all of them.
    I muxed all the mt2s files together into one file and still the same result.
    4 I tried ripping whole movie which i did and still same error corrupt.
    5. All the individual files do play on my pc via power dvd but not in windows media player it say it cannot read. All my other projects played in media player on my pc.
    I have backed up Transformers rise fallen, GI Joe, Monsters vs aliens and the mummy dragon emperor no problem they play fine on my ps3 full hd.
    I am using version 6.2.1.8 I have purchased the full version and am sort of disappointed as im trying to archive all my blu rays for easy diskless viewing via my ps3. Please help.

WMP does not support m2ts unless you have codecs installed by a third party program like Klite, you're better off using VLC media player (it's free).

Some BD will result in multiple m2ts files, thats how the BD is structured, you can mux them as you did.
    PS3 is intended to play BD rips after burning to a blank disc. Blu-ray to Mobile is a feature coming but not sure when.

Comment

Why can i play all the other movies i have backed up on my pc thru my networked ps3 on my tv ? Transformers fallen, gi joe etc all new movies. I just backed up the mummy dragon emperor and it works. My ps3 sees my pc, i can browse to the files which are ALL m2ts files. The transformers is a 34.8 g file. I just cant get terminator to work. I dont think you understand my problem. Im just wondering since terminator is very recently released if there is something else going on.

Comment

As mentioned multiple m2ts files is just how the BD is structured. Playing back a m2ts file is hit or miss and not the intended purpose of fab (you need the folder stucture or proper playback) or burn to disc. I've not tested that title either.

Comment

Try MediaInfo on the file. The PS3 is rather picky about what it will play. If the file has VC-1 video or DTS audio then the PS3 will reject it (even though it handles both when present on a disc).

Comment

For "Main Movie" output, it has same blu-ray structure as source, so if there are multiple m2ts files for the playlist, the output will have same m2ts files.

If you want to output them into one m2ts file, you need wait for "Blu-ray to Mobile", it has the passthrough profile which can output to one m2ts file.
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
              For "Main Movie" output, it has same blu-ray structure as source, so if there are multiple m2ts files for the playlist, the output will have same m2ts files.

If you want to output them into one m2ts file, you need wait for "Blu-ray to Mobile", it has the passthrough profile which can output to one m2ts file.
              Just to clarify, "Blu-Ray to Mobile" is a non-released (but possibly imminent) module for DVDFab.

I dug up my copy of this movie. It does have VC-1 video content but not in the main movie. However, there is only a DTS audio track. Hopefully, the up-and-coming Blu-Ray to Mobile will be able to convert the DTS track to AC3 because the PS3 will not play a DTS track from a file.

Comment

Working...
              X