Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image "tearing" using latest DVDFAB

Hi Guys,

I am having troubles with my 3D Blurays in the copy module. If I select convert to SBS 3D, the job runs fine, but when I play the outputed ISO in powerdvd, the image "tears" every few seconds & the film is un-watchable. This happens on all the 3d blu rays i've tried (including those that I used before the current build without issue).

Is it possible to download an older release to test?

I am running Win7 SP1 x64.

help would be appreciated
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kadau; 10-02-2014, 05:14 PM.

I can confirm it works fine in build 9.1.5.3, no tearing at all.

Cheers

Comment

I have powerdvd11 and see slightly jerky motion when playing a 3d side by side with copy or ripper version 9169 but this doesn't happen in VLC or Fab media player.I made it with Quick sync HD Graphics 4000 : 10.18.10.3621 driver on but with all software checked in GPU it's ok then.
      version 8 also no problem using Quick sync.

Comment

go to Common Settings and disable all GPU encoding/decoding. and I like to disable Lightning-Recording too. CPU only is the best. no shortcuts.

Comment

Originally posted by rmeyers View Post
          go to Common Settings and disable all GPU encoding/decoding. and I like to disable Lightning-Recording too. CPU only is the best. no shortcuts.
          Have tried this already with no luck. It works fine in an old build but not in the last 2 builds. Waiting on further old builds from dvdfab.

Comment

After testing a bunch of builds, I can confirm the last build to work correctly is 9.1.6.4. All builds after have issues with 3rd party software & features the "tearing" I mentioned above.

I can now convert my 3D blu rays to SBS without issue (with 9.1.6.4), & stream to my tv via my WDTV media streamer.

Now that I've identified the problems occurrence, will the devs at dvdfab be able to fix it? Are my logs of any use?

Cheers

Comment

I can not reproduce your issue.
              My test Player: power dvd 14
              biuld: 9170, 9169

You can update to the latest version 9170 and tried again.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hi,

Updated to the beta & still have the same problems. This is frustrating

Comment

kadau
                  What mean the image "tears" when you play the 3d copy results?
                  Can you post a picture? what player did you use?
                  i tried some SBS results is ok.
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Kadau:Can you try the VLC or Fab media player just to see if it's power dvd?

What version are you using of Power dvd?

Did you check the upgrade arrow in power dvd to see if theirs a new plug in or update for your version?.Also check battery in 3d glasses is their tearing when viewing without 3d glasses just looking at the picture?

Are you sure your device your streaming to isn't causing the streaming problem? Can you view the picture without streaming to your device to see if it looks ok just using a software player?

I still get a small amount of jerky video using power dvd 11 with new side by sides but playing the same movie in VLC or Fab media player you don't get this.Give these a try and like Dora says upload a still picture of what you are seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                      kadau
                      What mean the image "tears" when you play the 3d copy results?
                      Can you post a picture? what player did you use?
                      i tried some SBS results is ok.
                      I,

I've been trying to take a screenshot but the picture shows up as all black for some reason. Can you recommend a way to take a picture?

Thanks

Comment

Download this http://postimage.en.softonic.com/
                        This will work.We still need to know if you tried it with Fab media player or VLC player to see if its a Powerdvd problem or a streaming to your device problem.Also improtant to know what version of power dvd you are using how old is it? Did you check for powerdvd upgrades by clicking the checkmark to see if their are new updates or modules to the version you are using? by not answering questions I don't think your going to be helped as this can be many different things.Also your device your streaming to did you check for updates?

Comment

Hi,

Got it working. I've attached 2 screenshots displaying whats occurring. Thanks

I've also tried Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. And the iso's with tearing do not work with makemkv. Those without tearing work fine with it.

Also tried DVDFab Media Player.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by kadau; 10-14-2014, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Are they pictures of powerdvd playing on the computer or after streaming through your device?
                            Really you need to provide the answers to questions asked both VLC and Fab media player are free to use to play from files or iso's.You should try playing the video from one of them and play on the computer then though your device to see if it's a power dvd problem or a streaming problem.What version of power dvd are you using?

Comment

These particular images in my previous post were with media player classic, but they display the issue with all media players. Yes, they are playing on my PC, not streamed at all. I haven't tried steaming them since they don't work on my PC. Both VLC and Fab media player also have the issue.

An image fom VLC is below. I'm using powerdvd 14.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by kadau; 10-14-2014, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X