This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray to Blu-ray with compression Fast Forward issues

I'm currently testing 6.2.1.8 to try to figure which tool I want to buy. I've experimented with "The Dark Knight" by doing a Movie only copy to my hard drive for now. As this movie is 30+ GB, it used compression to fit it on a BD RE disk. The resulting movie seems to play fine on my computer, but if I try to fast forward, the video freezes eventually. If I press play, the video is frozen but the audio continues to play on. I burned the disk to a BD-25 and had similar issues with the Blu-ray player.

I ran another movie only test on "Night at the Museum 2", and did not encounter the same issue. So I tried doing the same movie only copy of "The Dark Knight", but this time I changed the disk image size to be 46000 instead of 23000 so that it would not compress. I did not see any issues with the uncompressed movie only copy. I'm assuming that this might be some sort of blu-ray re-authoring issue on the compressed version.

I am running other software, but I have it disabled when running DVDFab. This actually brings up my other question. Would it be possible to add an option to allow for the use of other software? I'm thinking that it would be nice to have this capability in case I come across a movie where DVDFab does not remove the copy protection correctly.
    Last edited by W&B; 01-09-2010, 04:43 PM. Reason: removed software reference

Read the forum rules before posting again, thanks.

Comment

Sorry if I confused anyone with the 23000 to 46000 statement. I meant I picked movie only with the BD50 option to my hard drive. The other one for a different tool that I was doing a side by side comparison.

Comment

There is a setting in general settings to not have Fab check for an on-the-fly decryptor. The author feels Fab is a stand alone product and the results will be unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          Read the forum rules before posting again, thanks.
          Ok.... I read them, but I didn't think I violated any of the listed rules. I tried searching before entering the message, but didn't find any similar posts that would answer my question.

Which rule were you referring to? Just trying to figure out what I did "wrong".

Comment

Mentioning and/or comparing with competing products.

Comment

Mentioning and/or comparing with competing products.
              Didn't really think of it as a competing product since it is only capable of removing protection and they can't author blu-ray's yet. Thanks...

Comment

There is a setting in general settings to not have Fab check for an on-the-fly decryptor. The author feels Fab is a stand alone product and the results will be unpredictable.
                Took me a bit to figure out where the settings are. It wasn't so obvious that the little check circle was a settings button. I can see those settings. I was looking for something like this, but didn't notice anything labeled setting on the windows.

This still doesn't answer my primary question about the Fast Forward issue, but it was very helpful.

Thanks again.

Comment

Post removed.
                  Last edited by Complication; 01-09-2010, 10:16 PM. Reason: Rule violation

Comment

Removed

Post removed
                    Last edited by Complication; 01-09-2010, 10:14 PM. Reason: Rule violation

Comment

Originally posted by bugatti1028 View Post
                      Removed
                      I'm not sure I would call it a "joke" yet (but I'm still trying it out). The Blu-Ray quality on the compressed movie was good. I just had the Fast Forward issue. I did not re-watch the entire movie, but I bet I could have watched it until the end. I've seen issues like this before and most of them could be attributed to how the disc was authored. I could be wrong and it might be the transcode itself, but I'm willing to bet the information about the movie that makes up the Blu-ray format (authoring) has some inconsistencies and that is throwing off the player(s) i have tried it on. The other "not to be mentioned product" is only capable of removing the BD protections and has no transcoding or authoring capabilities whatsoever. That is the value of DVDFab.

Now we could debate whether it should have taken 3 hours (copy and compress to the hard drive only) to do the compression task, but I'm testing another product that was significantly worse (more than triple for the same task). I stopped it before I completed so I don't know the end result. Compressing like this has always taken significantly longer than a straight copy. Without the compression, the same task of getting the movie only with the proper blu-ray authoring only takes 20 minutes.
                      Last edited by Complication; 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by bugatti1028
                        Removed
                        This software is not a joke I have sucessfully copied a dozen titles to DVD9 at 720p with only a couple of hiccups and one coaster which was my fault for not taking more time in my selections. These guys are doing you and I a great service by offering a standalone product that decrypts and backs up blurays. This is all quite new and I'm sure very challenging for the developers. Show some respect
                        Last edited by Complication; 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM.
                        AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                        4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                        ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                        2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                        LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                        Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

@bugatti1028

While you may be upset about things not working for you. Please follow the forum rules.

Comment

Working...
                          X