Unable to rip JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to rip JFK

Original blu ray disc of JFK will not read. Shows "Error reading disc..." with Abort and Ignore options. The disc plays fine in a standalone player and also with DVDFab Media Player.

Tried full disc option, main movie option and also without HD audio option. No success. The error occurs during analyzing. Any ideas?

Hi Shamrock
    Try cleaning the disc with windex and a soft lint free cloth wiping from the center outwards, could also be a bad disc it's not uncommon.
    Playing a disc and copying are to different things, players are very forgiving when encountering errors when playing a disc but, copying is not it must be able to read all data to work.
    You could also post your internal log for this attempt.
    Thanks
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hello,
      I double-checked and cleaned the disc again just to be safe, and also switched to full analysis mode. This allowed the disc to get partially ripped to 19%, at which point it continued to issue read errors. I have included the internal log as requested. Thanks for your assistance!
      Attached Files

Comment

sounds like you have a bad pressed disc. return to the store and exchange.

Comment

Hi Shamrock
          october262 may be right as I have said earlier.
          Your also using an older version of Fab please try the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=26192
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Well, that is unfortunate. I will attempt with the latest update. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Shamrock View Post
              Well, that is unfortunate. I will attempt with the latest update. Thanks guys!
              You also can using VSO check you disc if it was bad.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
              X