This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie only file size

I just tried my first BD50 to BD25 movie only of Harry Potter Order of The Phoenix. The bdmv file is 19.5 gb in size, yet the actual size of the movie on the BD50 disc is 30.4 gb. Is there a reason why the BD25 size is not closer to 25gb. It seems a waste of 5 gb that should be used.
    Otherwise the program works great.
    Thanks

Ok, i looked again after loading the disc. With BD25 selected, and all the audio selected, i.e. English, French etc. the final size is 23.7 gb. That's good. When i deselect all but the 2 english audio's the final file size drops to 20 gb. I expected the final disc size to stay at 23.7 gb, with less compression of the movie itself as you removed most of the audio. The movie itself, i assume with all the audio is 30.4 gb., so removing all the audio leaves a movie file size on the original at around 27gb. yet my final size is 19.5. I know this is still a new process, and maybe filesize calculation is a bit off. Looking forward to the updated versions, as i am a new lifetime upgrade purchaser.
    Last edited by bmiller; 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM.

If you haven't already, you might try ripping the disc to the hard drive as BD50 without the audio and then have a look at the movie size. Converting to BD25 from the ripped folder on the hard drive with the copy protection removed may help DVDFab calculate properly (and/or make sure your calculations are correct).

Comment

I'll give that a try.

Comment

I'm in the process of ripping as a BD50. It appears the file size will be the same. When selecting the main title the scan window shows 28gb's with all audio selected. When removing the 12, yes 12 extra 5.1 audio streams, the file size indicates 19.6 gb's. This may in fact be the main movie file size. This may just be an understanding on my part of what i'm seeing. I got my disc and movie file size from the following link.

The movie only file sizes must have all audio included, so removing 5.1 audio streams may indeed bring the main movie file size down to 23gb. so no compression is needed. I'm not used to dvd's having that many audio streams. An extra 12 5.1 audio streams eat up a lot of disc space.
        The initial BD50 disc size is 44gb's. If the movie is in fact only 19.5 gb's, there is a lot of extra " stuff " including extra's and audio. Subtitles should be insignificant in the total.
        Thanks
        Brad Miller

Comment

Lossless audio aka "HD Audio" can take up several GB's of space. (even greater depending on frequency & bit sample)

...whenever possible to save space use the "Remove HD Audio" feature. Unless of course youre trying to keep the lossless audio.

Comment

For me HD audio is one of the aspects of blu-ray i enjoy. I guess it's all depends on your setup. I obviously wouldn't sacrifice video to the point of an unacceptable picture just to keep the audio. If it gets to that point, i'll wait until BD50 disc's are cheap enough, or just use the purchased copy.

Comment

Working...
            X