X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help..no sub-title

Hi,

I have tried to compress a BD50 1080p movie to BD9 720p with all sub-title enable using both DvdFab v6218 and v6220.

When i watch the movie using PowerDVD v7.3.3304 & v7.3.5710, no sub-title is display no matter which 1 i choose.

If i watch it using Nero Showtime v4, the sub-title will be garbage no matter which 1 i choose. Look to me all the languages are superimpose together.

If i compress the movie to BD9 1080p, everything works fine.
    I did try to change settings eg GPU Acceleration, Decoder etc,
    nothing works as long as i use 720p.

Appreciate any advice, Thanks.

I've also had issues with subtitles when converting to 720p in an earlier release. Mine were basically off the screen to the top right. I suggest you post details of the title and region so that the DVDFab authors know which title has the problem. You will likely have to stick to 1080p for now.

Comment

Thanks,

The movie is Region A Transformer-2 (2disc edn)Disc2 Main Movie,
      No error/problem encounter during compression.

On a side note,
      When compressing from a BD50 movie to BD9,
      Btw, 1080p & 720p,
      Does anyone have any experience which resolution would give better video quality ?

Thanks.
      Last edited by human1969; 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by human1969 View Post
        On a side note,
        When compressing from a BD50 movie to BD9,
        Btw, 1080p & 720p,
        Does anyone have any experience which resolution would give better video quality ?
        This depends on the content (assuming you have a 1080p TV). 1080p will often work better for intricate detail (like nature shows showing wide vistas). 720p will leave more encoding room for longer movies or so that fast action sequences will be smoother. For most movies, 720p will be the safest bet unless you know that the movie has super-sharp detail you need to preserve. Unfortunately you will be forced to use 1080p for now if you need subtitles.

Comment

Thanks Compl.

So is anyone facing the same issue as me ?
          Or anyone manage to compress from 1080p to 720p with workable sub-title.
          I hope i'm not alone

I am thinking to isolate the problem btw 'my problem' vs 'the software',
          (assuming the movie does not play a part)
          maybe by testing with a known good version.

Rgds

Comment

I ripped "Brothers Bloom' to BD-9 720p retaining subtitles without any problem.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLely View Post
              I ripped "Brothers Bloom' to BD-9 720p retaining subtitles without any problem.

Thanks, are you using v6.2.1.8 ?

Comment

Originally posted by human1969 View Post
                Thanks, are you using v6.2.1.8 ?

Yes, that's the version I'm using.

Comment

I still have this issue, and I think I've tested all versions up 6.2.2.0.
                  The subs are still in 1080p after a 720p conversion as it look to me.

However, you can do a workaround:

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=803

Comment

Originally posted by pes View Post
                    I still have this issue, and I think I've tested all versions up 6.2.2.0.
                    The subs are still in 1080p after a 720p conversion as it look to me.

However, you can do a workaround:

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=803

Yeh, I had a problem with subs on "Hurt Locker". Using Tsmuxer indicated that the subs were at 1080 while the pic was at 720. Remuxed the subs at 720 and now all is well. (But it is a DVDFab bug).

Comment

Working...
                    X