Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to copying need help.

Hi there.
    I am completely new to using DVDFab to copy BRs.

I tested the software with Silent Hill (Region B).
    When I first inserted the BR I was asked to define the region of the disk (by DVDFab 9). I selected region B and just copied it using full disc.

(Note: I didn’t tick the box for “Do Not Show Again” because I want to buy Foreign BRs and copy them to play at home.)

The copy was successful but when I inserted the disk into my BR player it wouldn’t play. I got an error message saying:

“Attention this disc has been coded for region B only and will not play in this machine. Please eject this disc and play on a region B player.”

My BR player is region B! The copied disc also wouldn’t play on my BR writer.
    At this point I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if the copied disc is region free or was copied to region B.
    When I insert the copied Silent Hill BR into my BR writer DVDFab 9 does not ask me to confirm the region.

So does that make the disc region free and if so, why can’t it play on anything?
    Where am I going wrong?

2nd attempt: I got an error “Task_1 failed! Error=102” during the analyzing stage.

I can’t try any of my other BRs because they are all over 25GB and I need to sort the under 25GB first.

I’m using a Samsung External BR writer SE-506B (updated as far as I know). The current region for my BR writer is “Not Selected”. My BR player is a Panasonic DMPBDT260 but I also tried it with my PS3.

Just some other questions:
    In the case I get a temperamental disc that won’t play but will copy and then the copy plays (had to do that a lot with some of my DVD’s).
    When copying region free BRs and DVDFab 9 asks me to define the region, what should I select?
    And with Region A discs I would select Region A etc?

What is the average time when copying BRs?
    Is it okay to compress discs over 25GB and still do a FULL DISC copy?
    How long does copying a compressed disc take?

I do apologize for asking this all here but, I did check the forum but it’s all written for people who know what the heck they are doing and it just goes over my head.

Please any advice would be grateful and please remember layman - complete newb here.

Thanks

Dvdfab_internal log attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Got a 102 error, it is usually detect a bad disc. Check your disc if there was a broken, or clean disc.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
        Got a 102 error, it is usually detect a bad disc. Check your disc if there was a broken, or clean disc.
        It's a brand new Blu-ray disc.

Comment

Working...
        X