X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation will not play.

Hi!

I did a backup of x-men 4 and everything is fine almost. The burned disc will not play in my playstation 3. It writes directly translated from my language"Forbidden disc" I tried with vso and img burn. On mc pc it plays fine.

The film was ripped with other software.
    Media traxdata 25gb Not rewriteable.

Does Anybody have a idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!
    Kempf
    Last edited by W&B; 01-12-2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: removed software reference

Read the forum rules before posting again.

Comment

if youve saved the files to your hard drive....

use Imgburn by itself.

"Write files/folders to disc"

Drag and drop the BDMV & Certificate folders into Imgburn

Go into options over to the right, and File System should be set to UDF 2.50

...burn away.

(if your movie is too big for BD25 it will let you know!)

Should work on Playstation now.

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for your help. But the problem still remains Iam open to more suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
        Kempf

Comment

what steps are you taking?

Comment

same here

I tried a backup of paranormal activity (full disc) and I've tried 3 copies, it will play on my pc using powerdvd, but will not play on ps3. It shows the parnormal activity jpeg image at the ps3 menu, when I go to watch, nothing but a black screen. Whats up?

Comment

Hi!

My steps are.

Rip to harddrive with other software. isomode
              Open with dvdfab in movie mode only, cheked the hd sound and english subs.
              the rest i don´t need.
              and hit the start botton.

Tried with vso engine
              with img burn 2 times udf 2.5
              and one time with nero 9 udf 2.5

None of them palys on ps 3 only with powerdvd and tmt3 platinum.

Thanks in advance!
              Kempf
              Last edited by W&B; 01-15-2010, 12:24 AM. Reason: removed software reference

Comment

are you using a BD-R disc?

Comment

Originally posted by eazy101 View Post
                  I tried a backup of paranormal activity (full disc) and I've tried 3 copies, it will play on my pc using powerdvd, but will not play on ps3. It shows the parnormal activity jpeg image at the ps3 menu, when I go to watch, nothing but a black screen. Whats up?
                  what is the method of your burn? in other words, what steps are you taking?

You do not give very much info to help your cause...

Comment

This is the exact steps I take and I have yet to run into any problems...

I rip the Main movie only, one audio track and no subtitles to my hard drive. I do not use the iso method. I use the folder option.

This results in a BDMV & Certificate folder on my hard drive. The BDMV folder contains the movie, usually a single .m2ts file. The Certificate folder is empty.

Then, I open Imgburn. I do not use the VSO engine and I do not use Imgburn in conjunction with DvdFab...I run Imgburn all by itself. I don't know if it makes any difference but Im using Imgburn v2.4.4.0.

Once Imgburn is open I use the "Write files/folders to disc". Make sure under options the "File System" is set to UDF 2.50

Insert blank BD-R into your burn drive. I use Rydata 25gb (4x speed) disc, never had any issues. The disc can make a difference, there are some sh*tty brands out there.

Then, I drag and drop the BDMV & Cetificate folder into Imgburn. It should calculate the overall size of the final disc.

Then I burn at 2x speed. I know the disc is 4x speed, but I would rather not have any potential errors.

ALL of my disc's play fine on my PS3.

Comment

I do the exact same thing as crackinhedz, only I ripped the full movie (paranormal activity) as the whole movie was less than 25gb. I also use a verbatim disc instead of rydata. This only happens when trying to do a full disc rip. All the others were main movie only, they all work fine. Haven't tried to do main movie only with paranormal activity yet, I need more blank discs.

Comment

Verbatim is definitely one of the best brands out there...back in the DVD days I only used Verbatim or Sony disc.

I use Rydata just because it was reasonable price. A free blank Rydata BD-R came with my bluray burner, and it worked well so I ended up buying more. No issues.

As for the Full movie burn, I don't have any advice since all my movie are "Main Movie Only" rips.

I have no desire for menus, extras, subtitles... etc

Comment

Hi!

So now i have tried with another movie, and here I did the rip with dvbfab.
                          That works fine and plays on the ps3.
                          Cold my problem have something to do with the first movie beeing a other software iso rip?
                          Thanks in advance!
                          Kempf
                          Last edited by W&B; 01-17-2010, 12:14 AM. Reason: removed software reference

Comment

You were warned to read the forum rules before posting again and you obviosly did not, take three days to do so now.

Comment

Working...
                            X