This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray processing

I know there have been a few questions around the processing time for blu ray, and what method might work best for this.
    The computer I'm using is a 3 year old with a Dual core processor; A decent processor for it's time.
    First, I rip the entire disk to my hard drive into the 'FullDisc' file.
    When that's done, I open DVD Fab back up, and take the data from that file, and rip the 'MainMovie', and compressing to BD-25.
    It takes several hours, and my processor runs full on, but I do it overnight, so that I have that 'MainMovie' file that I can burn from the next day.
    This saves a little more time than just doing it from the disc, and it doesn't keep your disc drive running for hours at a time.
    Until I can upgrade my processor, this will have to do. Any other ideas out there?

If you do Main Movie to BD50 during the rip process then you will not waste time ripping the extras and non-needed audio tracks. Otherwise, you are using the most efficient way possible.

Comment

I had thought of that, but hadn't tried it. Would that cut down on the processing time factor, better than the method I described?
      Thanks

Comment

It will only cut down on the rip time and amount of space required on the hard drive. Extra audio can be a large portion of the total on a Blu-Ray. Sometimes the movie with a single audio track will fit on a BD-25 without further processing.

Comment

Complication is right. I did a movie the other day that had 13, 5.1 audio tracks. When i took all but one of them out, the main movie fit on a BD25 with no compression. I don't think you'll find that too often, but it is one example.

Comment

Working...
          X