Region Code not being changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region Code not being changed

I made an ISO of the Region B The Machine and then ran it through DVDFab. When DVDFab read the ISO, it popped up the region change dialog. It was set for A and I then continued with the copy. I burned the disc via ImgBurn and put into my player. The disc complained that it was in the wrong region player. I tried it in my other region A player and the same thing happened.

The log says that the region was set to A, but obviously not.

Why was the region code not removed, or changed to A?
    Attached Files

It's because region B is PAL format and A is NTSC, DVDFab won't change that. Any backup you make with DVDFab is region free or more accurately all region.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There is no such thing as PAL and NTSC when it comes to anything digital, especially HD. PAL and NTSC are ANALOG broadcast/baseband video formats.

This is a movie that is 1080p23.976 (a resolution and speed that does not exist in the PAL/NTSC analog world).

My system will play ANY of the Blu-ray HD formats from anywhere in the world. 1080p23.976 is a worlwide common standard.

As a test, I ran Blu-ray Region Code Remover v2.5 (2008) on the folder that DVDFab created and it reported that there was nothing to do as the disc was region free.

But, the disc puts up a screen that the player is the wrong region.

As it is a new release, I'm wondering if they've now come up with another way to do region checking that programs like DVDFab know nothing about.

My newest Samsung player has been modified so that I can set any of the Blu-ray regions. But, unfortunately I can't find those instructions. I'm waiting for a response from the place I got it from as to how to do that.

BTW, what you posted is what is common information for DVDs, except that they are not region A, B or C. You are assuming that the disc will not play in my player because it is from another region. Not true. The new modified player will play any DVD region (without having to set anything) and since it is playing via HDMI, it doesn't care that it is 576i. My monitor will handle that rate and if it didn't, the player will convert to 480i. But, those rates are upconverted to 1080p.
      Last edited by MrVideo; 06-07-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

You're right and that's what I get for replying to a post after midnight!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

have you recently updated the firmware on your newest samsung player??
          if so then region free hacks may no longer work.

Comment

The region free hack for this model has been designed so that the firmware can be updated without losing the hack. Clearly stated as part of the seller's info about the modification.

As pointed out, I forgot how to change the BD region code. I'm waiting for a response, which hopefully will arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

For reference, the UPC (German) is 4-013549-050517

Comment

Hi,

To remove the Region Code, we must select the correct region code of the Blu-ray source when opening the Blu-ray source.

Please select Region B when opening the ISO and then try again.

Thanks!

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                  To remove the Region Code, we must select the currect region code of the Blu-ray source when opening the Blu-ray source.
                  The dialog window that comes up regarding the region is not informative at all. Meaning that there are no instructions as to what the program wants. I figured it wanted the region code for where is is going to be played. I didn't figure that it wanted the region code it was set for as three of the options are missing, i.e., AB, AC and BD. While they are not seen very often, the potential is there.

Please select Region B when opening the ISO and then try again.
                  That actually made it worse. There is no wrong region message at all. The player output goes black and says it is doing "PLAY" but nothing. It hangs.

Comment

what brand of blank discs are you using?? and have you recently switched
                    blank disc brands?? and how fast are you burning your discs.
                    more info here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/manual/settings/Write

Comment

It is not a disc burning issue. How can it be a disc burning issue if the media is detected by the player and then displayed the wrong region code (when A used within DVDFab). When B is used, it really messes up what code is on the code.

I've burned lots of discs with the media I am currently using.

Something else is going on.

Comment

Working...
                      X