Playback of copied blurays with PowerDvd 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback of copied blurays with PowerDvd 15

Hope I'm not breaking the rules asking about a competitor's media player, but it's one of the main reasons I went with DVDFab.

I use my main desktop to copy & burn my blurays, and my HTPC to kick back and watch them. Love it or hate it, I've found that PowerDvd gives the best audio & video playback. I'm currently only using version 10, after hearing rumors that versions 11 and up have adopted copy protections that won't allow the playback of copied movies. I haven't been able to confirm it either way. I decided to install the demo version of 15 on my desktop unit to try it out and so far, it seems to play OK. I haven't yet reached the magic 20 minute sound cutoff that plagued retail bluray players, but at the speed I type, Tomorrowland might reach it before I finish.

Is anyone currently using PowerDvd 15 to watch their movies? All my copies are "main movie". If so, any issues?

BTW, just hit 30 minutes and sound is still working.

Tomorrowland does not have Cinavia.

Comment

CHAPPiE won't work in PowerDVD15 (cinavia)

Happily - for me at least - I found a way to block the annoying registration box that was plaguing my copy of PowerDVD8, and that plays Chappie (main movie) with no interruptions

Comment

Working...
      X