Big Hero 6 (audio)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Hero 6 (audio)

Sorry, don't have a log file (yet) as no problems copying the disc...

Copied the DTS 7.1 audio track - although my copy of PowerDVD downmixes this to 2-ch stereo. At around 1hr22mins the audio goes strange for about a minute; like the front left and right channels are muted. Rest of the film is fine.

Going to try the 5.1 audio track instead, but any thoughts? Anyone else found this?

Originally posted by T11EWL View Post
    Going to try the 5.1 audio track instead...
    Looks like the 5.1 tracks are Italian & Spanish

Comment

This doesn't appear to be a decryption issue, I moved it here if this is a BluRay I'll move it there.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Sorry, yes it is the BluRay

Some more (useful?) info - watched a copy of Fast6 today (also BD) and that had lots of instances of the audio dropping out

I don't think it's the hardware, cos I've played 100+ BluRays on this setup before without problem, prior to BigHero6, but if it helps -
        GeForce 8200 graphics card (HDMI audio into Panasonic plasma)
        PowerDVD8 2ch stereo version

I've done a full disc copy of Big Hero 6 and the problem remains at the same point. If it'll let me, I'll try playing it direct from the disc and report back ...PowerDVD sometimes throws up an upgrade message for newer discs

Comment

Ok, for anyone that's following this -

As suspected, PowerDVD8 won't let me play from the bluray disc direct (must upgrade) so I mounted the .iso of Big Hero 6 I'm having the audio problems with and copied it using folder mode in DVDFab...

I then played the BD folder in DVDFabMediaPlayer, and there's no audio cut-off at 1:22

I need to stick with PowerDVD, as it's the only software that consistently works through WindowsMCE (I also don't find DVDFabMediaPlayer very easy to use) but I s'pose any problem discs, like this and Fast6, I can watch in DVDFabMediaPlayer

Comment

Working...
          X