This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=700

Tried to burn a Blu-Ray disc from a folder that I did a Full Disc (Blu-ray to Blu-ray) copy to. Received a "Task_1 failed! Error=700" then "Process failed!". I attached the logs. Any ideas?

Ken
    Attached Files

What kind of blank media was you using?

Comment

Your burn log shows your media type as hard disc. Are you sure your source and target are correct? Also you should try using Image burn it can be found under third party products.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I made Fab produce error 700 once on purpose trying to burn a full disc rip to a 25GB BD-RE. I may re-test that tomorrow to see if it still produces it.

Edit: I thought I produced this error using write data and an iso as the source trying to write to a 25GB BD-RE and now it asked for a dual layer BD. Testing 6220 (it was an older version before but can't remember) oh well...
        Last edited by W&B; 01-20-2010, 07:38 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Solved - error 700

You were exactly right and I feel like a dumb a** now. I'm a little new to Blu-Ray, but I NOW understand what BD50 and BD25 mean. I had a 25 gb disk and trying to perform a Full disk copy from a folder made from a 50 gb disk. DVDFab was trying to tell me that it wanted a BD50 disk.

I was able to make a disk using the "Main Movie" option. Now I have to figure out how to do that in less that 22 hours. It seems it took over 21 hours to do the "video reencode" task? Actually the last entry before it cooked for 21 hours was "CUDA GPU Accelleration start...". Any ideas on how to cut the time down on that (outside of buying a Cray Supercomputer)?

Thanks for all the help,
          Ken

Comment

Glad it worked for you. You did use the already ripped folder as the source for the main movie option? Compression is what takes so long and is CPU intensive. Hopefully this can be improved upon in the future but until then a fast processor and compatible GPU is what it takes for noticible speed increase.

Comment

What is considered a compatible GPU? That's the graphics processor, right? I have a NVidia GeForce 8500 GT. It's listed on the nvidia site under CUDA-Enabled Products. Do I need a faster clock and more memory on the Graphics card? (Core clock 450 mhz, 256 MB).

BTW, yes I did use the ripped folder as the source.

Comment

Yes the video card, your card is ok if it's Cuda enabled. More performance will be gained from a faster cpu (Crazy SuperComputer)

Comment

W&B
                  Back to the 700 error.
                  It had me a little miffed a few weeks ago. I had ripped a Movie Only to my hard drive. The file size was under 20g so when I went to burn it I selected Full disc mode thinkingit would be fine since no compression was needed. DVDFab imported the file I went to next screen and it scans the media. Awarning message came up saying I had dual layer media but the file would fit an single do I want to proceed. I had a single layer BD-R in my burner so I clicked OK. Fab would start and come back with error 700 immediately. Retried a few times same result. Then I restarted selecting main movie mode and BD25 and process finished without a hiccup. I'm using ver. 6.2.1.8 ATM. I can understand Fab warning you that you are going to waste a BD-DL but I can't under stand why it first reported back the wrong media and second wouldn't let me write to it after I said OK
                  AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                  4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                  ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                  2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                  LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                  Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

That is strange, I had to re-read this after a couple cups of coffee and I'm still stumped.

Comment

I know I thought Fab should still let me burn but wouldn't
                      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Hopefully someone at DVDFab reads these posts and submits enhancement requests on our behalf.

Comment

Working...
                        X