Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripping "Blu-ray to Video File(s)" & "Customize" Support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping "Blu-ray to Video File(s)" & "Customize" Support?

I've been using DVDFab Platinum for years (luckily I bought it before lifetime upgrades costed more) and eagerly awaited for it to start having blu-ray support since summer of last year. Well it's been months since DVDFab HAS added blu-ray support...the only thing is is that it doesn't have the type of support I was really looking forward to it having.

Blu-ray burners are still kinda expensive, as are their media, so until it goes down in price more I don't burn backups of my blu-ray movies. What I DO like to do however, is to rip my blu-rays into 720p or 1080p .MKV files so I can watch on my computer or blu-ray player connected to my HDTV. (player has the ability to play video files) Right now, what I have to do to achieve this is to use a combination of softwares. It's a bit of a pain to use all these different bits of software and its pretty expensive, even for just 2 year upgrades. (I've been using the free trials) To do one movie can take anywhere from 8 to 12 hours (sometimes more) and to rip episodes of a TV series off a blu-ray can take upwards of 20 hours!

What I would like is to be able to do is use one single program (DVDFab hopefully) that can do all this and rip my blu-rays into great quality video files with the options to change a/v quality settings, file type, etc. Also, will the blu-ray to blu-ray feature ever include a "Customize" option like the DVD to DVD feature does? I will eventually get a blu-ray burner and start burning copies of my blu-rays once the media/burners get cheaper, so I would like it to have that feature when I do. But for now, I just rip video files, but can't justify the price of buying the blu-ray support until it is able to do these things. I know this software takes time to develop and is a work in progress. Once it does support these things, I would have no problem with paying the lifetime upgrade price. (If it ever does?)
    Last edited by troy512; 09-26-2009, 01:51 PM.

Originally posted by Hectic View Post
    I've been using DVDFab Platinum for years (luckily I bought it before lifetime upgrades costed more) and eagerly awaited for it to start having blu-ray support since summer of last year. Well it's been months since DVDFab HAS added blu-ray support...the only thing is is that it doesn't have the type of support I was really looking forward to it having.

Blu-ray burners are still kinda expensive, as are their media, so until it goes down in price more I don't burn backups of my blu-ray movies. What I DO like to do however, is to rip my blu-rays into 720p or 1080p .MKV files so I can watch on my computer or blu-ray player connected to my HDTV. (player has the ability to play video files) Right now, what I have to do to achieve this is to use a combination of softwares. It's a bit of a pain to use all these different bits of software and its pretty expensive, even for just 2 year upgrades. (I've been using the free trials) To do one movie can take anywhere from 8 to 12 hours (sometimes more) and to rip episodes of a TV series off a blu-ray can take upwards of 20 hours!

What I would like is to be able to do is use one single program (DVDFab hopefully) that can do all this and rip my blu-rays into great quality video files with the options to change a/v quality settings, file type, etc. Also, will the blu-ray to blu-ray feature ever include a "Customize" option like the DVD to DVD feature does? I will eventually get a blu-ray burner and start burning copies of my blu-rays once the media/burners get cheaper, so I would like it to have that feature when I do. But for now, I just rip video files, but can't justify the price of buying the blu-ray support until it is able to do these things. I know this software takes time to develop and is a work in progress. Once it does support these things, I would have no problem with paying the lifetime upgrade price. (If it ever does?)
    Hi Hectic,
    fengtao and his crew are the only one's who know if customize will ever be available for Blu-ray to Blu-ray. I suppose you could PM him and ask that question.

Comment

"Customize' mode, and "Blu-ray to Mobile" including MKV,WMV,MP4,AVI,etc. are on our todo lists.

But at first, we need make sure compression is stable, then we can add new features.
      Last edited by fengtao; 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

That's good to know, I thought it would be added at some point. Is the "Blu-ray to Mobile" option going to be added in with the "blu-ray to blu-ray" option or will it be its own option? (i.e.- a separate option with a separate license key to be purchased?)

Comment

Working...
        X