Win 10 & DVDFab Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 10 & DVDFab Idea

Seems there have been a lot of issues with Win 10. While the techies work to resolve some if this, on your WIN 10 OS, try running DVDFab in "Windows 7 Compatibility Mode". It works well for me. I know it's just a temporary work around, but it might address your issues.

Hi,

Would you please tell us more details for your problem when running DVDFab on Windows 10?

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Sure, the biggest problem was HUGE ripping times whenever any amount of compression was involved, in the range of 8 to 12 hours. I run a pretty high end computer although my graphics card up until recently was mediocre. I could rip (copy) just about any movie at all in under 1 hour. Movies that did not need compression, maybe 30 minutes. After I upgraded to Windows 10 that all changed. At first I thought it was a DVDFab issue but I tried to the same movie on another computer that still has Windows 7, eureka! - the problem was gone (a lesser GeForce card, same drivers though). Then I had the idea to try running DVDFab in Win 7 Comp. Mode and that also worked (for me -as I said). So, I was just offering it as a possible temporary fix to some of the several forum people who have been having problems under Win 10. It could be just a fluke that worked for my situation - I'm not tech support but I know enough to offer a simple no-harm suggestion that might help somebody.

As a side note, I recently upgraded my graphics card to gtx 960 which I see is now being supported with H265 in your latest beta, so I expect better performance yet.

Comment

Working...
      X