X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray to folder...

Has anyone seen this issue? Probably something easy:

Backed up 2 Blu Ray discs. The .m2ts files that are created are 14GB and 15GB, but the bitrate is 0kbps and will not play. This has happened on Four Christmases and The Final Destination. Transformers worked fine (22260kbps) and plays fine also.

I don't think I have changed any settings or anything since the first one that worked. Thanks!

OP here. So, that issue was doing movie only to a folder. So I just did some of the extras only to the disc and they all came out fine, bitrate is large, and has audio, but NO video. WEIRD!

Comment

Originally posted by EricLThomp View Post
      Has anyone seen this issue? Probably something easy:

Backed up 2 Blu Ray discs. The .m2ts files that are created are 14GB and 15GB, but the bitrate is 0kbps and will not play. This has happened on Four Christmases and The Final Destination. Transformers worked fine (22260kbps) and plays fine also.

I don't think I have changed any settings or anything since the first one that worked. Thanks!
      You mean each disc produced 2 m2ts files 14 and 15GB in size, making the main movie almost 30 GB in size? Did you use compression?

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        You mean each disc produced 2 m2ts files 14 and 15GB in size, making the main movie almost 30 GB in size? Did you use compression?
        No, sorry. I meant one disc (movie only) was 14GB and the other disc (movie only) was 15GB. So it looks like there is a lot of data in each file, but they were 0kbps.

I just went back and did FULL disc on "The Final Destination". The main movie shows to be high bitrate (28642kbps), and plays, with audio, but NO picture. I have Windows 7. It should play in WMP, right? Transformers did.

HELP!!!

Comment

Not without codecs installed for WMP. You need software that supports BD content such as TMT3 but there are others also available.

Comment

I found that wmp works if your movies are in your default media folders from Win7 eg. movies or videos and install Klite codec pack. If movies aren't in your media folders Win7 won't give the option to open with WMP unless you migrate to the stream folder in the BDMV folder and play back is iffy. If the movies are in your media folder you right click on the full folder with subdirectories and it gives the option to open with wmp. This works every time for me.
            AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
            4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
            ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
            2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
            LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
            Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
              I found that wmp works if your movies are in your default media folders from Win7 eg. movies or videos and install Klite codec pack. If movies aren't in your media folders Win7 won't give the option to open with WMP unless you migrate to the stream folder in the BDMV folder and play back is iffy. If the movies are in your media folder you right click on the full folder with subdirectories and it gives the option to open with wmp. This works every time for me.
              I was able to get them to play with VLC media player.

So now what is the best method to burn these to B-DR? ImgBurn work fine?

Comment

To play any video format through Windows Media player use this from Shark007 Windows 7 VERSION 2.3.1

Comment

Originally posted by EricLThomp View Post
                  So now what is the best method to burn these to B-DR? ImgBurn work fine?
                  That is what DVDFab does.

Comment

I am having the same issue, disk 2 of battle star galactica season 4.5, all the episodes rip to about 6 or 7 gigs, but with 0kbps... I ripped the first disk in the season with no issues, is this signs that there's something different with the blu ray disk its self?

Comment

Originally posted by Johan View Post
                      I found that wmp works if your movies are in your default media folders from Win7 eg. movies or videos and install Klite codec pack.
                      Regards the K-Lite Code Pack - what variation and version please?

Comment

Working...
                      X