BD Title/Playlist order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Title/Playlist order

When copying a Blu-ray disc, I'm having an issue with the playlist order. If I select Customize and rearrange the titles (which are only arranged incorrectly in the first place, because DVDFab sorts by length), I see the following in the ISO (or folder structure) output:

- The m2ts files are in the correct order that I selected in the "STREAM" folder
    -----00101.m2ts (Episode 1)
    -----00102.m2ts (Episode 2)
    -----00103.m2ts (Episode 3)

- The mpls files are not in the correct order in the "PLAYLIST" folder.
    -----00000.mpls (plays 00101.m2ts)
    -----00001.mpls (plays 00103.m2ts, instead of 00102.m2ts)
    -----00002.mpls (plays 00102.m2ts, instead of 00103.m2ts)

My 2 Blu-ray players appear to be using the playlist order for playback, so the episodes do not play in the correct order.

Am I missing something here, or is this a bug? I am using the latest version (9.2.2.8), and I've tried with the same results several times. Any help would be appreciated.

By not re-ordering the titles, I get the same behavior as described in my first post, regarding the order of the m2ts and mpls files. So, it appears that the issue is that DVDFab does not respect the order selected at all (as opposed to my initial thought that the m2ts files were rearranged and the mpls files were not).

Comment

This is called BD+ Protection. It's a copy protection scheme and well documented. You will just have to wait out a fix within the releases, but in order to facilitate that, you must post your logs!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFist View Post
        This is called BD+ Protection. It's a copy protection scheme and well documented. You will just have to wait out a fix within the releases, but in order to facilitate that, you must post your logs!
        Thanks for the response. It did not occur to me that this could be related to a form of copy-protection. However, what you've stated still does not seem to make sense (and I did look up "BD+ Protection," by the way).

The problem appears to stem from the fact that DVDFab arranges the playlists in order of time/length (longest to shortest), rather than the order that they actually are (and play) on the disc. Since DVDFab is able to arrange them in a different order than they are to begin with, I don't see how this is related to copy-protection (which I gather you're trying to say prevents rearranging the titles at all). DVDFab also warns the user that without a menu, the user must arrange the titles in the correct order (which it then does not respect). So, I still think that this is a bug in DVDFab and not necessarily a copy-protection issue (if some form of copy-protection prevented rearranging the titles, why is it that DVDFab can rearrange the titles into its own order, by length, which then do play in that order?).

In any case, I was able to get around it by renaming the playlist files so that they were sequentially correct, before burning, and now the episodes play in the proper order.

Instead of posting my logs, I'll post the information. "Eastbound & Down" is the series to which I've been referring. What I've explained should be able to be reproduced easily (and I suspect can be reproduced with other titles, as well).

Comment

Working...
        X