Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluray copy protections removed if the source file is an .iso file or other file

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray copy protections removed if the source file is an .iso file or other file

I need to get confirmation of something. Does DVDFAB Bluray copy and or DVD copy remove protections from a source file rather than a source disk? Does it only remove things if it is a disk? ...or does it also remove any and all protections from the source FILE too?....with the exception of Cinavia.

I don.t always have the source file coming from a disk as it sometimes is a .iso file of a complete disk, does it remove protections then?...I know it will do file compression if I have a full .iso of a BD50 and allow me to compress it to a BD25 but are the protections also removed when I am doing a Bluray copy and the source is only a file rather than a disk.

Thank you I appreciate the input on this as I have often wondered if that was possible to do if you don't have the source of a disk but rather a complete copy of the disk in a file source.

Cheers I appreciate your help!

If it's an ISO file, it should not have protections, except for Cinavia.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by Ford View Post
      I need to get confirmation of something. Does DVDFAB Bluray copy and or DVD copy remove protections from a source file rather than a source disk? Does it only remove things if it is a disk? ...or does it also remove any and all protections from the source FILE too?
      If you mount the ISO, would FAB know the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
        If it's an ISO file, it should not have protections, except for Cinavia.
        So am I to understand that it doesn't remove any protections if the source file is an .iso file with the exception of Cinavia?!?!

If this is true I think its time to introduce this as a feature and ability of the software. Lets face it... we aren't always buying our disks and making a "backup", hence the reason we buy the software and you guys make the software, so we have the ability to play copyright movies on our systems.

Cheers!

Comment

I don.t always have the source file coming from a disk as it sometimes is a .iso file of a complete disk
          Lets face it... we aren't always buying our disks and making a "backup"
          Its not always an option to have a disk when wanting to make or create a copy of any said movie but we may have an .iso file or possibly other forms of files
          Hi Ford
          I'm not sure where you are going with this, but if you DO NOT have the disc then you have no rights to make a back up or any other modifications to a file that you do have in your possession. Please give this a read through before posting again http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=122
          So please enlighten us as to your intentions as the 3rd quote is from your feature request post.
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 04-03-2016, 05:58 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry

I apologize, I didn't realize there was a forum rule to this exception and I am sorry for posting what I said.

I am hoping that DVDFAB BDcopy could read and help remove protections from any source file, I only state this for convenience sake!...and it compresses and removes Cinavia under this premise so I was only hoping to could also remove it from a different source rather than just a disk as the only source. You have to admit it does this already for some things (Cinavia) so I hope it can and will for other things when making a backup copy!!!! We cant always predict what's easier for everyone and what may be more convenient either, right?!!

Sorry again for making a direct comment about something I shouldn't have, I will try to be more careful in the future!

Sincerely,
            Ford

Comment

As I have already said, if you do not have possession of the disc then you have no rights, this forum is for content that you own not downloaded or rented etc.....
              No need to reply to this post, this thread is closed
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 04-02-2016, 08:16 PM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
              X