Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v9.2.3.7+ Stops Writing to BD-DL Discs

Hi,

I've been using Memorex MEI-T02 BD-R DL 1x-4x 50 GB Disk for about 2 years now. All of a sudden, DVDFab whirls up the Drive and looks like it's going to Write, but then just sits there and does nothing. As the DVDFab Process can't be killed, I have to Reset the System.

Of course, I've uninstalled and reinstalled DVDFab v9.2.3.8, but no luck. And of course, every other burn App I have (e.g., Cyberlink Power2Go 10) can Write the ISO created by DVDFab to the same Memorex MEI-T02 BD-R DL 1x-4x 50 GB Disks in the same BD Writer Drive.

However, I can still Write to a Single Layer Disk from another manufacturer I've been using for about the same amount of time with DVDFab.

There are no Errors or anything and the logs look perfectly normal up until the point that Writing is supposed to happen, but there is no Writing, so there is no logging. DVDFab just sits there forever until I hit the Reset button.

Unfortunately, I don't have any old MEI-T02 disk to try. I don't know, maybe the coating was changed, or something? I have some hardcoat DVD-R Discs that DVDFab can't Write to either, but DVDFab throws a can't find a Writeable Media Error and doesn't hang. Similarly, DVDFab in my only Writer App that has a problem with these hardcoat Discs as well.

So, also, is there a list of compatible Media? I've looked before, but am surprised that I have not been able to find one. Oh, and suggestions to use IMGBurn or other alternative Writer Applications would not be helpful.

I have to hit the Reset button now...

Thanks,

try uninstalling the BD Writer Drive, restart computer
    and let windows reinstall the drive. try the discs again.
    also check for a firmware update for your writer.

Comment

Originally posted by jfagnani View Post
      I have to Reset the System.
      Doing Alt-Ctrl-Del to bring up the task manager doesn't allow you to kill DVDFab? It has always worked for me when DVDFab gets locked up.

What happens when you use ImgBurn? Have DVDFab output an ISO or the Blu-ray directory structure and use that as input to ImgBurn. If that works, then configure DVDFab to use ImgBurn.

Comment

Hi jfagnani
        Please post your internal and burn logs instructions in the link in my signature.
        Another burning software may have control of your drives filters, if you have ImgBurn installed open it, click tools > filter driver load order and post what is listed.
        I agree with MrVideo I would use ImgBurn
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 04-18-2016, 01:36 AM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Internal Log file Attached

Thanks guys,

There are no Firmware updated for the Writer, and, other Apps Write to the same Discs in the Same Writer.

The particular portion of the Internal Log, DVDFab is sitting there for 45 Min. while I eventually start writing the Post.

And no, I can't kill the Process, nor can Windows 7 shutdown so I have to hit the Reset button. Oh, and the funny thing is, it's doing something when it spins up the Drive because after the Drive spins down, the Disc is ruined...Nice!
          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, one other thing. I don't have IMGBurn installed and I haven't updated any burning software in months. I coincidently ran out of Discs, opened a new package and upgraded to DVDFab v9.2.3.7 around the same time. And, it doesn't work any more...

Comment

Ah, well, in parsing through the entire internal.log, it's really looking like Memorex changed some characteristic of these BD-R DL Discs that DVDFab doesn't like.

Near the end of the posted log, there are these 2 lines:

4m 27.85s: got max lba 0
              4m 27.85s: DriveX msg: media open(false) failed in driveX E.

In the Internal.log, the only other times those lines show up (other than when I recently opened the new spindle of the BD-R DL Discs) is the problem with the hardcoat, DVD-R discs that I mentioned above. As mentioned, in that case, instead of DVDFab permanently locking up, I'd get a pop-up stating something like, "Writeable Media could not be found."

Being what it is, if DVDFab is going to be quite this particular, and especially with it having to hit Reset to gain full control over my System again...Is there a list of compatible Writeable BD-R DL Media and other BD and DVD Formats?

I would think that somebody must test this stuff...No? Unfortunately, Manufacturers don't e-mail me when they change something, or, I never get the Memo it seems!

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
              X