This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Bluray-Bluray--Help

I am getting my bluray burner this week and wanted to get feedback from anyone who can help.

Are there any settings I need to mess with before copying a bluray? Are most original blurays 50gb or 25gb? Is it work buying blank 50gb to copy or just buy the 25gb and compress them? Also, I have a BD-RE. How can I erase the info on it?

Lastly, I have being using dvdfab for quite some time. Is it just as easy to burn blurays compared to the dvd's? I have backed up many dvd's and didn't know if the blurays would be just as easy. Please help me and give me any helpful advice you can. I don't want to be wasting my blank blurays and would like any helpful advice I can receive. Thanks

Originally posted by justinkrogs View Post
    I am getting my bluray burner this week and wanted to get feedback from anyone who can help. Are there any settings I need to mess with before copying a bluray?
    Just make sure under protection in common settings that everything is selected and might want to check your writable media size, BD25 should be default 23700 and BD50 should be 43700. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I do recommend installing and burning with ImgBurn (it's free). It's much beter than the included VSO burn engine. Follow the link in my sig on how to set it up with DVDFab. Watch the video made by Troy512 on how to configure ImgBurn and set the write speed.

Are most original blurays 50gb or 25gb?
    Usally larger than 25GB and smaller than 50GB, somewhere in between.

Is it work buying blank 50gb to copy or just buy the 25gb and compress them? Also, I have a BD-RE. How can I erase the info on it?
    I assume you mean is it worth buying 50GB. Yes if you can afford the 50GB blanks then the better for it. You won't lose any quality and time on compression to 25GB.

Use ImgBurn to erase the info on it, select the mode tab at the top, then select write. You should see a little disc icon with a red slash on it just under the dropdown. It's really a great proggy (you can donate to LUK the creator of ImgBurn, totally your choice and the program is clean. (No spyware, viruses or toolbar addon crap or anything like that)

Lastly, I have being using dvdfab for quite some time. Is it just as easy to burn blurays compared to the dvd's?
    Yes it is, more data than a DVD so it will take a bit longer but that's expected with so much info. Be sure to set the correct burn speed for each spindle you purchase by the media id (watch Troy's video closely and pause it if you need to and even if buying the same brand media again, always check the media id of new spindles!)

I have backed up many dvd's and didn't know if the blurays would be just as easy. Please help me and give me any helpful advice you can. I don't want to be wasting my blank blurays and would like any helpful advice I can receive. Thanks
    Always test the rips before burning, that's best advice I know to give. Play the file from your hdd with software that is intended for Blu-ray format or use that BD-RE if in doubt.
    Two ways of doing this:
    1. Rip to an iso file with Fab and mount it to a virtual drive that acts just like a BD drive (there is freeware that will do this, Google it). Play it with either PowerDVD or my preference Totalmedia Theatre 3 (TMT3) and neither of those is freeware but may come free with your purchased BR drive on an included disc for install and both can be d/led from the web with a trial period.

2. Rip to a folder and use the above mentioned software to test playback. Some users report PowerDVD can't do it from a folder. When testing this way ALWAYS select the main folder that's named your title (inside it should be the BDMV and Cerificate folders, for proper playback DO NOT select the m2ts file directly. It will playback but with unexpected results, members have had mixed results.

Hope this helped

Comment

Thanks! Where do I go to find these videos? I want to watch them and make sure I have them all correct. Let me know so I can get watching. Thanks!

Comment

nevermind, I found it. Thanks!

Comment

You're welcome and good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X