This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Experiences with DVDFab an Blu ray

Wow! I have been using DVDFab 6.2.1.8 to backup my Blu ray collection and have found numerous posts that have helped me immensely. I'd like to offer my experiences in order to help others who may be having difficulties.

On of the first things I noticed when trying to clone a Blu ray is that things were NOT consistant. As with most users, I tended to think it was DVDFab but found this was not always the case. In one instance I was able to back up certain titles but not others. I found a particularly difficult title, "Sex, Lies, and Videotape" that was giving me fits. Since this was a Sony title, I thought that maybe Sony and Disney titles were tough like they tended to be in DVD format. I found that this disk couldn't even be read by the operating system, Windows 7 Ultimate, on my AMD Quad core and I had to dig deeper.

I removed my LG LHA120L and put it into a machine running Windows XP. It could read CDs and DVDs but not Blu ray. Being lazy, I decided not to load the drivers that were supplied by the LG installation disk, and returned the drive to my Windows 7 machine. Since I had rebooted while trying the drive in the other machine, it was removed and not noticed until the re-installation. I noticed the Windows driver was not the same one that loaded when I first installed. I had also ran the LG utilities disk on the first install and had a secondary driver commonly known as PXHlp64.sys. I think this is where the trouble arouse. Since re-installing the LG drive and using just the Windows supplied driver dated 6/21/2006, everything has been fine.

SO, I'd like to offer my 2 cents worth and recommend looking at your drivers list or try removing, rebooting and re-installing your drive to see if some of the abnormalities might disappear.

Good job on DVDFab and keep up the good work. I'm sure that the ability to remove Blu ray copy protection and improving the features list and abilities are a balancing act. I'm anxious to see the next build.

Originally posted by turdle View Post

SO, I'd like to offer my 2 cents worth and recommend looking at your drivers list or try removing, rebooting and re-installing your drive to see if some of the abnormalities might disappear.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Post moved to new thread.
      Last edited by Complication; 01-24-2010, 04:28 PM. Reason: Thread hijack removed.

Comment

Working...
      X