Clear All

New to blu-ray: Weird problems

SYSTEM:
    ASUS M4A78-EM
    AMD PHENOM II X4 955 BLACK 3.20GHz
    4GB RAM CORSAIR DDR2-1066 DOMINATOR
    ATI RADEON HD 3200 256Mb
    WESTERN DIGITAL RE3 SATAII 1TB
    BRAND NEW LG BDROM/DVDRW CH08LS10 SATA FIRMWARE 2.00 (MOST CURRENT)
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition SP2
    DVDFAB 6.2.1.8 Trial

I have been able to use DVDFab and this Blu-ray drive multiple times to backup DVDs to the drive, upon trying 3 different Blu-ray discs: The Simpsons Movie, Iron Man & Terminator 2. None of them will backup using the Blu-ray - Blu-ray option. I have tried using the main movie option and the full disc options. When using full disc and choosing a destination folder on the hard drive as soon as I click start it will run for 5 seconds and then just says Completed Successfully, the disc however does not eject. Upon checking the output folder there is no data. When using the main movie option I select the main movie title, select only the english sound track and only english subtitle info, I have left the option to remove hd audio alone and unchecked. I have tried this with BD50 & BD25 compression, the program allows me to click next but when I click start nothing happens. I can go back just fine but it will not start the ripping process and no errors ever come up.

I have tried all 3 movies with the same result and none of them work. None of the 3 use BD+ encryption either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DVDFab with no luck. When in the main movie option I can preview the movie just fine and it plays great, just will not rip no matter what I do.

I would love to purchase the software but only if I can get it to work for Blu-ray, any suggestions?

Wrong Drive

I think you will find that the LGCH08 will write DVD'd but will only read Blu Ray disc's the LGBH08 will write Blu Ray disc's

Comment

A shot in the dark, but how are you selecting the destination folder? It must be a mapped drive (ex. C:\folder) rather than a UNC path (ex. \\some\folder).

Comment

I had realized that my drive only reads Blu-ray which is fine because I have no need to write them. I need the video files unencrypted to encode them in handbrake.

As far as the path goes I am just choosing a folder on my C drive, have also tried my F drive. All are formatted NTFS so it shouldnt be a file size limitation.

Comment

Are you using an illegal Win/Dos character in the filename like : or \?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No, no unusual characters in the names. I eneded up solving the problem. DVDFab will expire fully after 30 days, upon uninstall and reinstall it usually will give you a one time trial of each category, however this is not the case with Blu-ray to Blu-ray it will not even function after the 30 day period.

Comment

Working...
            X