This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast forward / next chapter issue

I have one movie that exhibits an issue with fast forward next chapter selection. The video freezes and the audio carries on. I leave it for 10-20 secs. and then the video catches up to the audio with no sync issues. This is a movie that was compressed to BD25. I've tried others that were compressed, and there is no problem. Movies that are burnt to B25 which needed no compression are fine also. So for this is just a one off, but mods may be interested in pursuing. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

How are you playing this back, computer from the hdd or standalone player after burn to disc?

Comment

this also happened once for me with inglorious bastereds after i compressed it and then ripped it to bd-r25. iu just stoipped playback and restarted and all was good.

Comment

This happens all the time with various players such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Cyberlink PowerDvd 9 on DvdFab Main Movie only.

Comment

it did it on stand along sony blray player. i just restarted and it is working, seems like just a small glitch, only happened when i tried to chapter forward fast it seems like video stayed and froze but audio went forward in chapters. hope thishelps

Comment

This is on an Oppo player after burning to disc with Img burn. I didn't try it on power dvd9. The movie plays plays fine without using fast forward or next chapter button. It's weird how the video freezes, and then catches up with the audio after 10-20 secs. Not all discs do this.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzo7883 View Post
              this also happened once for me with inglorious bastereds after i compressed it and then ripped it to bd-r25. iu just stoipped playback and restarted and all was good.
              This happened for me too. With Inglorious Basterds compressed and ripped to BD25.

Comment

Remember, this is only if you use the fast forward/ next chapter button, not stopping on it's own. I did have a movie where the video stopped and the audio carried on without using the fast forward/ next chapter buttons, but that was because a bit of macroblocking in the video messed up the playback. I redid the movie after defragging as i went along, and all is ok. This movie plays along just fine, it's the buttons that messed it up a bit.

Comment

Same problem

Originally posted by drobo View Post
                  This happens all the time with various players such as Media Player Classic Home Cinema and Cyberlink PowerDvd 9 on DvdFab Main Movie only.
                  This happens all the time with my BD25's either on my PC with Power DVD9 or on my LG BD390. Sometimes they will resync, other times they won't and require an eject or even a power down. Does not happen with BD50's.

Comment

Working...
                  X