This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDVD HD playback issue

After purchasing an upgrade from the OEM Power DVD 7.x that came with the LG blu-ray burner too the latest Power DVD 9.x I noticed that I could NOT play any back-ups of any movie from the hard drive. Either a full disk or ISO back-up.
    I contacted their customer support is this is their reply;

"I understand your concern related with play Blu-ray files from hard
    drive and Virtual drive.

In regards to your concern, please note that PowerDVD support
    playing of Blu-ray Title's, only from the disc. You will not be able
    to play the Blu-ray Title's from hard drive or using .iso files.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or
    for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards
    Akhilesh
    CyberLink Technical Support"

HOWEVER, Total Media Theater 3.x DOES!
    Something to consider when choosing which player software to purchase.
    Hand Built PC - ECS RS400-A MoBo w/ 3.2ghz Pentium 4, 1.5 GB RAM, LG WH08LS20 Bluray burner, Sony DRU-842a DVD burner, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT PCIE card w/1gb vram, 650w PS, Windows XP Pro/SP3, Maxtor 200gb/160gb & Seagate 1TB internal HDDs. Samsung HDCP-compliant 23" TFT-LCD monitor, stereo speakers. (Life's the perfect thing to pass the time away.)

This is strange. The Cyberlink PowerDvd 9 version that came with my Pioneer Blu Ray drive has no problems playing .iso blu ray movies mounted with Virtual Clone Drive or Daemon Tools Lite on a drive letter.

Comment

I use virtual clone drive without issue.The only message i get the odd time is the mouse won't work with this movie. You can use the keyboard instead.

Comment

Could you play them with PowerDVD 7?

In general, I have found that to get a ripped movie to play, I need to rename the MovieObject.bdmv file to MovieObj.bmd and Index.bdmv to Index.bdm.
        Also I need to remove the BDJO folder. I can't remember which of these changes need to be made in the BACKUP folder, but to make it easy, just do the same in that folder.

I believe I also needed to change the file extensions in PLAYLIST to .mpl and in CLIPINF to .cpi. These changes may also need to be made in the BACKUP folder.

I can't even remember how I figured this stuff out before. Probably looking at a bluray disc's folders, filenames and file extensions.

Anyway, this may solve your problem. But remember, you will need to change some of these names and filenames back if you want to burn a playable BD or DVD5/9.

Comment

Working...
        X