The Grapes of Wrath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Grapes of Wrath

The Grapes of Wrath doesn't play in my dune h1, the Dune H1 shows this error in its internal logs

[ERROR]:[bdj]:[478]:[msg][ERROR][com.philips.bluray.security.certificate.RootCertif icateList] readDiscRootCertificate() generated a CertificateException

and immediately hangs after that.

attaching the dvdfab log
    Attached Files

please try the latest beta 9.3.1.4 - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29803

Comment

ok, but this isn't a new title and pretty sure this is a long existing problem, pretty sure I've seen it

Comment

If it plays with TMT/Fab media player or Power dvd then it's a Dune problem it has a one core processor and is under powered for the newer java blu rays.,Some newer media players have 4 core processors.Dune is fine for dvd's but time for a upgrade for blu rays.

Comment

I've never had a problem playing any ripped BRs in the dune as long as its ripped properly. Even the newest big budget blurays play perfectly (say civil war or allegiant, once dvdfab handled it properly)

In this case, when I ripped it with an old copy of anydvd (which is getting harder and harder to use as dont want to upgrade) it played fine.u

It's not directly a dune issue. This might play fine in PowerDVD/TMT5 (I need to test) but obviously something weird is happening that other rippers don't cause to happen.

I actually think I've seen it before but never paused to document it. If there's no interest in trying to fix it, so be it.

Comment

have you checked for any software / firmware updates for your Dune H1 player ??
            Last edited by october262; 09-10-2016, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Its up to date.

Look, it might be uniqueness of the dune h1, so the way dvdfab unprotects the disc doesn't work with it but works with other players. but as I said, its not inherent to the dune, as this disc can work with it as demonstrated with other ways to unprotect the disc.

Comment

Have you tried version 8qt of fab? It's on the front page and can download into a different folder and be on the same computer.
                Also from another post in a topic with oddball he says this did you try it?
                quote from oddball:
                At the moment it seems to work with the H1 unchecking nearly everything in the blu-ray settings and using a disk folder rip.
                My feelings is your media player needs a update to play with new disks.
                Last edited by 3dman; 09-10-2016, 11:52 AM. Reason: added line

Comment

I'll try to uncheck everything and see if it fixes it, I guess I never changed it from the default settings as assumed those were safe

Comment

He also used a disk folder not a iso and if that don't work try version 8qt of fab it's a older version and may just work.

Comment

I always do disk folder as I dislike the way dvdfab makes an iso (as opposed to passkey) in that it rips to folder than creates the iso.

Comment

tried it with only AACS and Bd+ removal and it played fine, now trying with region removal.

Comment

Uncheck this box in common settings and the iso will be saved without the folder to where you specify. See attached:
                          Attached Files
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

region removal broke it, which fits with the error I listed above. Rewriting the java code for region removal is causing issues with certificate handling as those would have to be switched as well.

Comment

poke?

Comment

Working...
                              X