Won't recognize BluRay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't recognize BluRay

After purchasing the BluRay Copy and Ripper when I put a bluray disc into the computer the program is still requesting I put the blu ray dvd in and it is in and will not pick up the recognition. I have even pointed the program to the drive where the blu ray is and it still won't recognize it.
    Last edited by Oldblu; 09-22-2016, 03:00 AM.

If the application isn't running can you browser in explorer to the drive and see BDMV and CERTIFICATE directories?

Comment

please post the dvdfab internal log files.
      with the disc still in the drive, restart dvdfab and see if it’ll recognize the disc.
      might also try restarting your computer to see if that fixes the problem.

Comment

In a little further checking for some reason the computer itself is not recognizing that there is a blu ray disc in the drive. I don't know what to do now. The computer doesn't have a problem recognizing a regular DVD but for some reason won't recognize a Blu Ray.

Comment

does your computer have a bluray drive in it ??

Comment

Do you have a blu ray drive? if yes
            Use windows go to device manager click on arrow to expand drives right click on check for new driver if windows says you have latest version click on blu ray drive delete it restart computer and windows will reinstall the drive and get the latest driver for it.

There's also a windows trouble shooter program for disk drives that will tell you what's wrong and fix it if it can depends on what version of windows you have,Most times it's a bad driver doing this.

Comment

Since the DVD portion of the drive is still working, it is very possible that the Blu-ray portion of the drive has failed. I had it happen on a standalone Blu-ray player.

Comment

If it's one drive used for both, different laser diodes are used for DVD and BR discs, one can go out independently from the other.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

In a little further checking for some reason the computer itself is not recognizing that there is a blu ray disc in the drive. I don't know what to do now. The computer doesn't have a problem recognizing a regular DVD but for some reason won't recognize a Blu Ray.
                  Sound like that you are using the DVD drive but insert one Blu-ray disc.

please tell us your drive model or post the DVDFab internal log file.

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X