Insufficent disk space error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insufficent disk space error

When trying to do a blue ray copy, I see an error message stating "There is insufficient space on drive C: ..." however the drive has more than 80 gigabytes free space. The DVDFAB9 Temp directory appears to have plenty of room to create a temp file, so how to fix this problem? Thanks for your replies.

1-delete all unnecessary files. move movies to external hard drives.
    2-Use a program like the free version of cc cleaner to get rid of all junk files and run the registry cleaner
    3-defrag your hard drive to free up more room.

These steps will not only give you more room but speed up everything.

4.Buy a bigger hard drive they are cheap these days.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      1-delete all unnecessary files. move movies to external hard drives.
      Removing no longer used files makes sense, but moving movies to external HDs doesn't make any sense. You seem to be assuming that they are being stored on the C: drive, when they in fact be on other drives in the computer.
      3-defrag your hard drive to free up more room.
      Defragging doesn't defy the laws of physics in that the amount of free space doesn't change. Defragging rearranges the files and empty sectors so that the files and free space are contiguous. Contiguous file sectors results in faster access.
      4.Buy a bigger hard drive they are cheap these days.
      Doesn't help with drive C:. unless you are suggesting that the OP rebuild his computer. Rebuilding M$ sucks in that all user programs must be reinstalled and configured. If the OP has a lot of programs, it becomes a PITA. There are some programs out there to help with that, but it still sucks.

None of this answers the OP's question. Why isn't 80GB enough?

Comment

see system requirements - http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm
        Last edited by october262; 10-13-2016, 04:15 AM.

Comment

It needs 100 GB if you save the Blu-ray as ISO on the drive C when output to BD50.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

While adherence to regular maintenance/cleanup is always sound advice...
            I have to agree with MrVideo.

Please double check your Temporary Directory settings...
            be certain you have checked:

"Delete temporary files when done"

I just ripped Jurassic World Blu-ray (Clone/.ISO) to my G: hdd.
            (Made certain the temp directory file path was also G:
            btw...using v.9312)

Pre-rip G: free space = 48.8 GB

Jurassic World .ISO = 44.1 GB

Post-rip G: free space = 4.87 GB

No problem.
            Granted, this process doesn't reflect ideal/desired conditions (including recommendations as per Wilson),
            but 44.1 GB will fit in a space of 48.8 GB
            Attached Files
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

(1-delete all unnecessary files. move movies to external hard drives):
              This advice is sound even one blu ray moved will save a lot of space a lot of Fab members will have movies on their hard drives even if temporary so this advice is also sound and even likely.

(2-Use a program like the free version of cc cleaner to get rid of all junk files and run the registry cleaner)
              This is always sound advice and deleting such files saves room.

(3-defrag your hard drive to free up more room.)
              This advice was given because the drive was getting full and defragging the drive also needs room to do this and can't be done at all if the drive is too close to being full so it's general advice even though it doesn't save room it will speed things up on a drive almost full or otherwise.

(4.Buy a bigger hard drive they are cheap these days)
              This advice was given so files and movies or other data can be moved to say a external hard .drive freeing up room on the C: drive

MR Video I don't see you offering any helpful advice yourself.
              Last edited by 3dman; 10-13-2016, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                (1-delete all unnecessary files. move movies to external hard drives):
                This advice is sound even one blu ray moved will save a lot of space a lot of Fab members will have movies on their hard drives even if temporary so this advice is also sound and even likely.
                As I said, if the files are not on the C: drive, moving them won't free up any space on the C: drive.
                (3-defrag your hard drive to free up more room.)
                This advice was given because the drive was getting full and defragging the drive also needs room to do this and can't be done at all if the drive is too close to being full so it's general advice even though it doesn't save room it will speed things up on a drive almost full or otherwise.
                Correct. Defragging won't happen unless there is enough room in which to do it. I can never defrag my drives because of the lack of space.
                (4.Buy a bigger hard drive they are cheap these days)
                This advice was given so files and movies or other data can be moved to say a external hard .drive freeing up room on the C: drive
                It would have been nice to have been more specific regarding that. I have lots of internal and external drives.
                MR Video I don't see you offering any helpful advice yourself.
                The issue is that 80GB appears to not have been enough free space and it should have been. The reason for that needs to be found. Freeing up space isn't going to resolve what may be a bug.

Comment

maybe the C: drive needs to have the error checking tool run.
                  Last edited by october262; 10-14-2016, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Error checking and repair would make the hard drive smaller by skipping over any bad sections on the drive if problems are found.But just running it to see if there's any bad sectors or error's can't hurt.If you want to run it go to command prompt and run as admins. type in chkdsk to check disk if you want windows to try to repair any damage it finds type in chkdsk/r This will take 30 mins or more on a lardge hard drive and give a report on what it finds though I think theirs a bug in the program in the windows 10 anniversary version as I tryed it and the report doesn't stay on screen or given at all.Windows must do it when the drive isn't in use so it will ask you to do it at the next restart or you can restart after the message.

Comment

Hi oz1
                      Please post your internal log instructions in the link in my signature.
                      Also if you can post a screen shot like my friend Maineman did in post #6 it might help.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X