plays out of order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Norm@Home
    Do you get the same result using main movie and not full disc???
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Mechanic - Resurrection

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Hi Norm@Home
      Do you get the same result using main movie and not full disc???
      I didn't, previously I'd made an ISO and worked off of that for speed and convenience; but the ripper previously suggested that the default / proper title was 8 (out of the hundreds of playlists on this disc see my screen shot on page 1 of this thread); I put this disk back in to work on it with the latest versions 9.3.2.2 / 10.0.1.3 and I'm no longer seeing what I did previously (more that 163 1 hour 38 minutes and 38 second playlists) but one playlist 393 and a few other shorter titles that may be special features. I'm going to have to watch this again to see if playlist 393 plays without the scenes out of order problem but I suspect that either a Fab update or an update to the database has changed how the program works with this disc.

Comment

Hi Norm@Home,

It can be supported if you can send the files. zip them and attach here is OK.

All the files of the orignal disc, except /BDMV/STREAM/*.m2ts
        Thanks!

Wilson
        Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-06-2016, 09:59 AM.
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi Norm@Home,

It can be supported if you can send the files. zip them and attach here is OK.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Ok, here it is.
          Attached Files

Comment

Out of order playlist fix

Here is a method for selecting the correct playlist for titles that have Screen Pass: Download the free Process Monitor utility (Procmon) from Microsoft using this link:

Monitor file system, Registry, process, thread and DLL activity in real-time.

Launch Procmon and set the filter to "Path" "contains" "mpls" and click the "Include" button, than "Add". Delete all other filters that show in the window (so you only have the one you just created showing - this filter will automatically be saved and loaded the next time you launch Procmon). Click "Ok". Under the "File" drop-down menu, be sure "Capture Events" is selected. Launch the movie in your blu-ray drive. Use whatever player you use, navigate to the main movie. When the main movies starts playing (get past the warning cards) scroll down to the bottom of the Procmon window list ... the last entry will be the current playlist file. This is assuming your player selects the correct playlist. I use Power DVD 12 and this has worked flawlessly for me. Make note of this playlist. Then when you rip with DVDFab, you can select the correct playlist if DVDFab doesn't. The only annoying fact is once you have launched Procmon, it will stay in memory even if you have stopped/killed the process, due to the many hooks it uses to monitor events, and DVDFab will refuse to start if this is still in memory. The only way to release it from memory is to reboot your PC. A minor annoyance. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've used this method to find the correct playlist when fab chooses the wrong one. It works. Usually. But only with certain software players.

Do you know how to identify the incorrect playlist? Someone had luck recently identifying the incorrect playlist, the one a standalone will attempt to play that doesn't play correctly, deleting it, and replacing it with a copy of the correct playlist but renaming it to the name of whatever the incorrect playlist was. The player still thought it was playing the incorrect playlist when actually it was playing the correct one this way. But I don't know how to identify the incorrect playlist.

Comment

I think once you have identified the correct playlist, other playlists that show the exact same movie length same as the correct playlist would be the incorrect ones. Or, there may be multiple correct playlists just to add to the confusion. I have seen some titles with well over 25 playlists that all show the same length. My backups are all movie only, so there is only one playlist on the backup copy. Not sure what you meant by the standalone player substituting a different playlist. Unless you are making a full backup, there would only be one playlist on the disc. I have used the Procmon method on every backup I make and it seems to be very reliable. There were only two titles I backed up where DVDFab selected the wrong one, but I do this check on every title now as a routine procedure. Not sure how well this would work with other software players, since I only use Power DVD 12 for checking.

Comment

Btw, I have made full backups of several movies on my HD, created a miniso using DVDFab Virtual Drive, then played mounted title with Power DVD. One specific one I remember that played the full backup out of sequence is Mechanic: Resurrection. The movie only backup using the Procmon method played the proper sequence, but the full backup (which lets the player select the correct playlist) did not. I did this twice just as a check. Both times, wrong sequence. This may have been corrected in DVDFab updates since then (this was using a full movie backup made with DVDFAb 10.0.1.6 back in December 2016). I have not tried this with the most current version, but seems like they may still have some work to do to select the proper playlist/playback sequence. I might pull out my original and do a full copy backup again just to check.

Comment

Hi,

Please upload all the files of the orignal disc except *.m2ts files.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X