This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Sequence movies in 2016

Thought I was losing my mind watching Bluray copies I had made when I noticed that certain chapters changed the sequence, couldn't follow what was happening in the movie while viewing. Had happen previously with some of the version 9 offerings but, was hoping version 10.0.1.5 would help correct some of the out of sequence copies.

No, corrections never happened after trying to rerun the movies (renting same again & again) affected through the next updated version and still got the annoying out of sequence chapters it's making me wonder if it's still worth the effort at all renting same movie trying to get a corrected version with upgraded versions. Some of the version 9 upgrades seem to correct some of the problems but, lately it isn't happening for the better.

The ones that gave me the most trouble have been

Gods of Egypt - the multiple dragon scenes deep into the movie at the pyramid
    Mechanic Resurrection - Chap 4 around 19 min mark jumps everywhere
    Now You See Me 2 - just ended up buying a legal copy
    Hell or High Water - sequence problems in this one too

I sure there must be more but, these have been the most problematic.

Seems to be a pattern this year, didn't noticed it a much with previous Version 9 DVD/Bluray copies.

Kudo's to those who send in the files off their PC's in for evaluation and tracing of problems for those who like Dumpster diving in these forums for solutions that Threads seem to run forever offering multiple solutions that might work for some but, not all.

Seems like it would be more productive to just have one entry under Bluray Copy aka "Known Out Of Sequence Problems" list the actual Movie in this Thread, where the problem is identified and a solution that actually works. One Thread updated by someone so we can just go to that one thread title see the active list, problems, and solutions in one place without a long list of thread pages. Let the others continued adding and contributing in search of solutions, I just don't have the patience anymore to read several pages of on going threads hoping to find some type of solutions.

That's my 2 cents worth, hoping not to offend anyone.

What you are describing is called obfuscation. It is not done on chapter boundaries. Some studios create releases whereby there are a hundred, or more, different playlists that play sections of the movie out-of-sequence. There is only one, maybe two, playlists that will play the movie in the correct order. In a nutshell, the java program on the disc detects that the encryption is missing and will then play an out-of-sequence playlist.

The reason that you can't get it to work is that you are using a rental copy. DVDFab will only fix discs that are purchased by you. Many times those playlists are different. They've even been different between countries of release. But, if you read the DVDFab forum's FAQ, you will discover that discussion of pirated copies is not allowed and could end in the poster being banned if talk continues.

Sorry, but do not expect any help from the DVDFab staff in this case.

Comment

@jamminii We do not help with rentals please give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=122
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
      X