This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Blues

Hi.I'm a noob to this site as of today,but Ive been on several other forums,so I kind of know the ropes.I typed in Ratatouille in search,but,the resul
    I've been copying movies for about five years ,but I just got into Blu-Ray (EEEK!) I'm using DVDFab v 6.2.1.8 I tried burning The 300 ,and that went with complete success.I got the main movie,w/o subs.Perfect.
    Now,I'm trying to do Ratatouille (Wife's orders) I click main movie,use the movie that DVDFab selects,remove all but the right sound,and no subs.And,25GB. But,when the movie starts,it's not the usual steady download,it shows "Segments" being copied,no compression necessary.The burning seems normal,but,I cannot play back.If I go to computer,D disc,open,and click on BDMV (I think that's right) I get VLC player showing about 25 segments.If I click on each one,ii'll play,but ,not go into the next segment.
    Obviously,I'm doing something wrong.Any ideas? Or,do you need any more info? Oh,one other question-Since the entire movie is 45.1 GB,could I copy the whole movie on a 50 GB disc?

Ron

I to use DVDFab for most things that I do however; I've found that other software rips to an .iso file with no problems at all. By ripping and burning all the contents of a disc I've found that you get perfect playable copies every time.

The one thing I consistently do is Rip the Blu-ray disc to an .iso file using other software. Then I use the Software that came with my Plextor PX-B940SA (SATA) burner (CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Suite) to burn.

Since it's an .iso file, you can view the size and then can burn to either a single layer (25GB) or dual layer (50GB) blank depending on the size of the .iso file.

Eric
    Last edited by W&B; 01-28-2010, 12:33 AM. Reason: removed software reference
    Mitsubishi WD-73" 1080p DLP HD TV
    Sony STRDG920 7.1-Channel AV Receiver
    Sony BDP-S560 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player
    2 DIRECTV HD DVR Receivers
    2 Kenwood 777 Six-Way Five-Speaker Speakers
    Sony SAW2500 Sub-Woofer
    Bose VSC-10 Center Speaker
    2 Bose 161 Speakers

Comment

@Eric545, read the forum rules and general policies of this forum before posting again, thanks.

Comment

@ron.

The segments are caused by the way the disk is authored, nothing to do with Fab.

You need to understand more about playing the BD structure and there are innumerable posts on this forum already on this subject so I am not going to go over it again.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X