This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapters in Ripped Blu-ray

Hi, I have been using DVDFab Platinum for quite a few years but am only just now starting to dabble with Blu-ray discs. As such, I currently only have one Blu-ray disc to play with so can't make any comparisons yet.

However, my problem is this. I have ripped the Blu-ray disc "The Taking Of Pelham 123" using the movie only option. However, when I play back the resulting m2ts file there are no chapters present whereas, if I play the disc directly, there are chapters. Is this normal for Blu-ray discs or is it perculier to this particular title or is it something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help

Russell

Because you're playing the m2ts file directly is why there is no chapters. These rips need to be burned to a disc or ripped as iso files for playback from the hdd or use the open folder method with software for Blu-ray such as TMT3. Playback requires all the BD structured files for proper playback

Comment

Oh, ok thanks for that.

What do you mean by "open folder method" and are you saying that to retain the chapters I need to rip the complete disc rather than "Movie Only".

Russell

Comment

No you can rip main movie only and retain chapter stops. What I mean by open folder method is after you start the software such as TotalMedia Theatre 3 there is a folder icon at the bottom, click that and there is an "open disc folder". Select that and go to the ripped Blu-ray folder named your movie and click ok.
        The software needs that folder structure to know how to play the file.

Comment

Menu

Can I rip Main Movies only but still have access to Menu to choose Audio option and subtitle option

Comment

No you can't. Either/Or.

Originally posted by tdbtdb View Post
            Can I rip Main Movies only but still have access to Menu to choose Audio option and subtitle option
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
              No you can rip main movie only and retain chapter stops. What I mean by open folder method is after you start the software such as TotalMedia Theatre 3 there is a folder icon at the bottom, click that and there is an "open disc folder". Select that and go to the ripped Blu-ray folder named your movie and click ok.
              The software needs that folder structure to know how to play the file.
              Thanks for that. I'll have a play and see how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                No you can't. Either/Or.

If that is the case, how do I choose subtitle or audio (DTS or TRueHD or dif. language) options during playback. I do check more than 1 box for audio and subtitle in the DVDFAB6 screen before ripping. I use both TMT3 & PowerDVD9 and could not bring the menu up to do that.

Comment

Working...
                X