This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 123

Doing a Blu-ray to HD ISO, then ISO to blu-ray disc. Done this in the past with no issues. I'm trying to do Death Race and the ISO is fine. When it's burning it gets to 97% or so and gives me error 123.
    I looked it up and it says this..

123 HWS_FAILED_FINISHING 23 // Write failed at the end of the media (finalisation is not complete)

I did it twice, and same error.. before I make more frisbies out of Blu-ray media, anyone have any suggestion on what I'm doing wrong?

I would install ImgBurn setting it up to work with Fab, follow the link in my sig to a post by Troy512 and click the first link for a video on how to do this and how to setup the automatic burn speed.

Edit: Be sure to set the write speed to half of the rated blank media.
    Last edited by W&B; 01-29-2010, 07:16 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Okay thanks will give that a try. Any reason why I'm getting this? I've done hundreds of DVD's and at least a dozen Blu-rays and never had this error before.

Comment

Might also make sure your optical drive has the most current firmware installed.
        It could be poor media being used also but ImgBurn has better control over the drive and seems to have better luck with cheaper media than the included VSO burn engine.

Comment

I'm thinking it's a DVDFab issue.. I select BD25.

I just did the ImgBurn and I get a message "There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image."

"Image size: 12,487,456 sectors (24,389 MB)"
          "Disc size: 12,219,392 sectors (23,866 MB)"

On my DVD Fab screen I have the following...

Main movie: 1 hour 50 minutes
          1 audio selected DTS-HD...
          1 subpicture - English
          At the bottom
          BD25 1080P (23.816 GB -> 23.145GB)

In Settings
          -> DVD / Blu-ray
          --->Write

Writeable Media (BD-25) Size is 23700 MB (default I haven't changed it)

Thoughts?

Edit:
          Just wanted to add, my firmware is up to date (it has an auto checker, and I went to the webpage to confirm).
          Media is always a possibility, but seems doubtful when it's the same as all the other BD discs I've been using and now with imgburn giving this error (which makes sense from the error code 123 also).
          Last edited by Kannkor; 01-29-2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

You mentioned ripping Blu-ray to hdd iso but are you ripping full disc to hdd first then using that as the source for the main movie rip and compression?
            Ripping main movie and applying compression from the optical drive may cause problems.

Edit: What version of Fab are you using also?
            Last edited by W&B; 01-29-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

I ripped main movie as BD50 (no compression) to ISO.

Then did ISO to BD25 to disc.

Comment

Ok try ripping full disc first as iso or folder then use that as the source for the main movie rip and compression.

Comment

Thought I would update this incase anyone else searches and finds this thread..

I ripped from the original again as a FULL DISC ISO to HD. Then did a burn from .ISO to BD25 and had no issues.

Two things I learned.. Use Imgburn - It will warn you if your disc isn't large enough and avoid ruining discs, whereas for some reason the built-in DVDFab didn't.
                  Always rip the Full disc to an ISO, not the main movie to ISO...

Comment

Kannkor Thanks for that info, I'm sure it can help others also.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
                    Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Working...
                    X