This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming ripped BD has no audio

I have encountered issues with the HD audio. I have been trying to get The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen onto my server (Tversity). The only 3 audio tracks on the Blu-ray disc are the DTS HD audio and 2 AC3 directors commentries. If I select the DTS HD soundtrack, then I get no audio at all on the final copy. If I select either AC3 commentry (don't want this!) then it works OK (is this DVD Fab or Tversity problem?!). Also if you try to shrink the disc DVD FAb just crashes. Other discs I have with just AC3 audio copy OK and shrink without a problem. I have deselcted the HD audio, and the same issue seems to happen.
    Last edited by Complication; 01-31-2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: Fixed post after move to new thread.

This is due to limitations in Tversity or more likely your playback device. You would most likely need to convert the HD audio to AC3 to get it to work. I suggest you wait for the upcoming Blu-Ray to Mobile module.

Comment

TVersity does not decode Dts...but, you should be able to "copy" from TVersity to the PS3 hard drive (depending on what file type you use), and then it should work without streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
        TVersity does not decode Dts...but, you should be able to "copy" from TVersity to the PS3 hard drive (depending on what file type you use), and then it should work without streaming.
        Actually, the PS3 does not support DTS from a file, only from disc (same with VC-1 video). Also, the OP didn't mention the PS3 as the playback device.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
          Actually, the PS3 does not support DTS from a file, only from disc (same with VC-1 video). Also, the OP didn't mention the PS3 as the playback device.
          you are probably right about the Dts...but I did not know there were any other players that could utilize TVersity, which is why I believe he's talking about a PS3?

Comment

He was talking about PS3 in his other posts.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
              you are probably right about the Dts...but I did not know there were any other players that could utilize TVersity, which is why I believe he's talking about a PS3?
              GregiBoy uses TVersity for an extended family of media players (I think he breeds them or something). There is another media server that is specific to the PS3 but the name escapes me.

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              He was talking about PS3 in his other posts.
              I suspected it was a PS3 for some reason but the OP didn't specify. I guess my subconscious was screaming, "its the same guy," and I just missed it. Good catch.

Comment

There is another media server that is specific to the PS3 but the name escapes me.
                PS3 Media Server

Comment

I definately have a problem then at the moment! I currently buy Bluray discs to use on my Panasonic PT-AE4000E projector and Pioneer LX-81 amp. I then reduce them to BD5 720p (4.3Gb) using DVDfab and place them on the server so we can watch them on one of 3 plasmas with their own PS3 around the house. This works well if the Bluray has a second English DD5.1 AC-3 soundtrack. Unfortunately a lot of the new BR discs only have the HD soundtrack which does not work. I have tried copying the file to a DVD-R disc and playing straight from the PS3, but still no audio. Is the Bluray to mobile a current option or still being developed? Will it give a 720p resolution? Is there anyway of changing the HD audio to AC3 currently? So many questions from the new guy!

Comment

GregiBoy uses TVersity for an extended family of media players (I think he breeds them or something).
                    Nah, I import & distribute them & I use Twonky, not that TVersity POS.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by morph View Post
                      I definately have a problem then at the moment! I currently buy Bluray discs to use on my Panasonic PT-AE4000E projector and Pioneer LX-81 amp. I then reduce them to BD5 720p (4.3Gb) using DVDfab and place them on the server so we can watch them on one of 3 plasmas with their own PS3 around the house. This works well if the Bluray has a second English DD5.1 AC-3 soundtrack. Unfortunately a lot of the new BR discs only have the HD soundtrack which does not work. I have tried copying the file to a DVD-R disc and playing straight from the PS3, but still no audio. Is the Bluray to mobile a current option or still being developed? Will it give a 720p resolution? Is there anyway of changing the HD audio to AC3 currently? So many questions from the new guy!
                      I have heard Blu-Ray to Mobile is in development but I do not know when it will be released or what feature set it will have. I don't have information on other ways to convert HD to AC3 and this forum wouldn't be a place to discuss that.

If when you made the DVD-R you simply copied the M2TS file then it would not work. When I wrote that the PS3 would only play DTS from disc, it would have to be in a DVD or BD format. Use the DVDFab Blu-Ray write feature or ImgBurn to create the DVD-R keeping all the directory information intact. There are other posts in the forum with people that have done that.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Nah, I import & distribute them & I use Twonky, not that TVersity POS.

Doh! Sorry, in my mind I kind of combined the 2 as a single program. I've used Synology NAS based DNLA for so long that I don't even remember the research I once did. As a side note, I chose the Synology because it spins down the drives to save power during the majority of the day when not in use. My apologies if I have offended thee.

Comment

Working...
                      X