This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc not recongnized

I managed rip the "The Hangover" to my HD and then compress it to a DVD9 ... (Movie Only) Verbatim +DL disc ( Singapore), which will play just fine on my computer using my LG CH08LS10 and Power DVD8, " But" my PS3 doesn't recognize it , it just asks if I want to copy it and Panasonic DMP-BD60 reads it to be unsupported. So how can I correct this ??

Thanks

Have you used the Panasonic DMP-BD60 to play BDDVD9 prior to this? I found one review article http://www.digitalversus.com/article-482-6853-60.html this is a quote from the review
    Also, MPEG-2 and AVCHD files can only be read from an SD card. The AVCHD reading capability is mostly for movies shot with camcorders. Our movies ripped from Blu-ray discs wouldn’t play, whereas they will play on a multimedia HD.
    I'm sure this could possibly change with firmware updates since the article was written in Oct. 09.
    As for the PS3 these discs should work. Make sure you have it set to DVD ROM not BOOKTYPE.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Johan,
      After posting this , I found "your" other post listed below and tried it out...and it recognize the disc as a AVDHD and started to play it...video was good but the sound was messed-up...the sound track was popping like if you kept turning the volume on and off very fast......any ideas?

Thanks

Originally posted by Johan View Post
      I found something on avsforums.com apparently you are not the only one with problems. BDDVD9 is written in AVCHD format, LG BD390 is supposed to playback this format. If you don't mind possibly wasting another DVDDL this is what one person tried.

To make my AVCHD discs to play, I had to make sure that the following file structure are the only folders in the root of the 2.5 UDF disc:

BDMV, do not include the CERTIFICATE folder.

Withing the BDMV, the following 4 folders:
      BACKUP (withing BACKUP, delete BDJO)
      CLIPNF
      PLAYLIST
      STREAM

and the following 2 files:
      index.bdmv
      MovieObject.bdmv

In short, from the structure, delete CERTIFICATE, AUXDATA, BDJO, META, JAR before burning the disc.

This is how AVCHD works for me on the LG BD300.

Comment

I forgot to mention that this new disc will not play on the computer now...

Comment

Check google for your specific model. That same post that you took the quote from there was someone else that had to use slightly different setup to get theirs to work. It may take just a little experimenting on your part to find the right combination.

Comment

Is your firmware up to date?

Comment

This looks like the current version UPDATE_BD60P_V22.exe / 37,311,520 bytes
              Ver. 2.2

Comment

Check out this link [removed]
                Last edited by Complication; 02-03-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

OK...my Player is connected to the internet and auto updated went I installed it last week..... [removed]
                  Last edited by Complication; 02-03-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

This thread has taken a turn in the wrong direction. Firmware upgrade discussion is fine but discussion of using other software to edit the BD is a bit beyond what is allowed.

Comment

comp,

OK, what should I do now....do I need to start a new thread or is my problem something that's being worked on by Fengtao ? How can I resolve this issue??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by berdman View Post
                        OK, what should I do now....do I need to start a new thread or is my problem something that's being worked on by Fengtao ? How can I resolve this issue??
                        Feel free post about specific things that DVDFab should or should not be including in the BD5/BD9 format as you discover them. However, this is not the place for questions about the use of third-party software unless specifically sanctioned in the Third-Party forum. The two of you might continue your discussion via private message.

I do encourage you to report back with your findings as it would be very interesting to understand what is causing the issue. I would like to see you receive the help you need but the forum rules do need to be adhered to.

Comment

How do you expect Fab to be able to copy it when this happens?

This suggests to me either a disk or hardware/OS/driver problem.

Originally posted by berdman View Post
                          I forgot to mention that this new disc will not play on the computer now...
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm pretty sure berdman meant the disk that he changed the BD file structure on.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              How do you expect Fab to be able to copy it when this happens?

This suggests to me either a disk or hardware/OS/driver problem.
                              From what I have read, the present state of AVCHD and BD5/9 is kind of like the early days of DVD. Different players make different assumptions about what each should have and when. For example, some players assume that any DVDR with BD type folders is an AVCHD which is not necessarily the case. On the other side, some players do not support AVCHD but will play BD5/9. AVCHD was designed to be backward compatible with BD players but the implementations of both authoring and players have created some incompatibilities.

My guess is that the device used by the OP assumes the BD5/9 is an AVCHD and is thus having difficulty. Using something like multiAVCHD might allow one to create a workaround. We just need to keep the discussion on this forum focused on the use of DVDFab rather than third-party software.

Comment

Working...
                              X