This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it simple

Ok..... I have spent my entire day off to find out exactly how to rip a BR to my hardrive and then play it from my PC. And I am still looking for the answer.

Can someone list exactly how to do this successfully.

I have experienced all of the other complaints/problems so well noted here. No sound, French, Spanish, only parts of the movie played, etc..

I get that it may be best to rip to an ISO. But is the ISO ripped from the MAIN file or is it best to rip an ISO from the disk?

I still can't seem to get the definitive on whether PowerDVD9 is able to play an ISO file or not. And if not... is there another player that will?

Anyway. I can hope there is ONE exact successful way to rip a BR to my PC and play from there.

I have installed the virtual drive, and attempted to create an ISO image from the ripped "Entire Disk" folder/files..... (Spiderman3), but DVDFAB locks at about 84%, and will not finish creating the ISO for me to mount to the virtual drive. So.... no joy.

Thanks to anyone who takes time to respond.
    Last edited by cybordolphin; 02-03-2010, 05:28 AM.

this is what I have had the best luck with:
    rip FULL DISK to hdd as an ISO. Make a dir and store all iso's together. (easier loading)
    you said you have a virtual drive. open it, mount an image, and pdvd9 should take over. In my limited experience if you get a "hang-loader" you got a bad rip. clean the disk and rip it again.

My problem is after this, when trying to re-size to a BR25 or DVD9, and saving to an ISO, now Pdvd9 says "uncompatiable disk in drive" and it will not play any "Re-sized ISO's", which to me is stupid but anyway. was trying this to view resized movies, before creating more "coasters".

I will say this, last weekend, I said "what the hell" did 2 br25's and 3 dvd9's. resized and let VSO burn them. All burn speeds at 2X. All came out perfect.
    My hats off folks, great DVDfab. Stu
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 Callisto unlocked to 4 core Denab @ 3.8mhz, MSI 785GM-E65 M/B, 4 Gig Geil DDR3-1333, EVGA GTX-260 192 Core, Corsair 700 W power, LG-BHO8LS20, LG-GH22LS50, IHOS104 DRIVES, 750 WDC Caviar Green, Hitachi 500, 2 TB WDC Caviar Green, SATA HD Drives, ASUS Xonar Essence SXT Sound, 2 Samsung SYNC 2333'S, Windows Vista 32 Buisness Edition.

Comment

Ok.... I am successful in ripping to the hard drive and then creating an ISO of the rip. I am also successful in mounting the ISO to my virtual drive.... and then playing on PowerDVD9. But.... how can I automate all of this so that Windows Media player will be able to work with all of this?

Do you have to "mount" each ISO every time you want to watch it? Is there a way to automate that process so that PowerDVD can play each movie through Media Player?

Thanks

Comment

I deleted the last 2 post replies as they was not necessary to post. Now this is the Blu-ray to Blu-ray section for DVDFab if you have any questions that are not to do with a DVDFab issue then post in the general questions area. How to get the files to play on computer is not a DVDFab issue and any posts like that will either be deleted or moved depending on the staff member

Comment

Working...
        X