This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab needs internet connetion!

When ripping a BD DVDFab needs internet connection !!

Why?

I would think it to remove the BD+ copy protection but someone who does BD will be able to answer better when they see this post

Comment

To download the latest protections. I got caught to. It's easy for me to download an update from another computer, and install on the pc i use with Dvdfab, but it doesn't happen that way. When i purchased, that part wasn't at all clear. I'll bet there are lots getting caught with this one. You can use the latest Dvdfab for older movies, but anyhing after Dec. 09 at this point may require the Net. Bummer.

Comment

The connection is used to obtain updated BD+ keys.

I don't know how you can say you got caught as it is quite clear in the product description that a connection is required.

I quote:-
        System Requirements
        • Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit)
        • Pentium II 500 MHz
        • 512 MB of RAM
        • 50 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
        • A Blu-ray Drive
        • Internet Connection
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          When ripping a BD DVDFab needs internet connection !!

Why?
          Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          I would think it to remove the BD+ copy protection but someone who does BD will be able to answer better when they see this post
          Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          The connection is used to obtain updated BD+ keys.

I don't know how you can say you got caught as it is quite clear in the product description that a connection is required.

I quote:-
          System Requirements
          • Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit)
          • Pentium II 500 MHz
          • 512 MB of RAM
          • 50 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
          • A Blu-ray Drive
          • Internet Connection
          Another reason why DVDFab may need to connect is when DVDFab run across a disc which it has never seen before. In that case it may need to contact to obtain decrytion key for that title.
          If you fail to plan...you plan to fail wouldn't you not agree..Think about it

Comment

To me that means an internet connection for updating the program, or protections, and installing them in the program. In this case there is no provision to download from any source and install an updated program or updated protections onto another computer, as i've been used to. It appears others have run across the same problem It would be great if there was a method to download the protections and transfer them to a computer with Dvdfab installed. There must be someway to download the file and install it in Dvdfab's directory.
            Hopefully sometime in the future.

Comment

It dose not update the keys in the program it's internet connection is used to obtain BD+ keys but it dose not keep the keys so each time you load that disc it must have an internet connection and i do not like that as my pc has no internet connection so i use another program that Removes BD+ copy protection from Blu-ray Discs without the internet connection.

Comment

That's not good, why would it not store the latest protection keys when downloaded?

Comment

I believe that this program also checks online to see if the serial number is in-use at the same time on more than one machine. Keeps the pirates at bay (no pun intended).

Comment

Working...
                  X