This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blu ray new to forums.greetings all

I am new to this forum and have been using multiple programs over the years. I seem to have a problem with the audio with any bluray movie I try to process.
    Currently I have all my blurays on hard drive's as an iso image and usually mount them with virtual clone drive. Then once mounted I play them with cvberlink power dvd 9. There has been no issues here other then each movie takes up about 35-50 g of data. So i figured I'd grab the main movie using dvdfab and put them on a hard drive with just the root of the movie, hence saving about 12-20 gigs on each movie. In the long run it would free up alot of space.
    Well after opening the movie in dvd fab 6 I tried different ways...
    1st to a dvd 5 result ~no sound during playback < coudn't untic radio button to allow hd audio>
    2nd to a dvd 9 result no sound during playback
    3rd to hard drive using compression to 25 g result~ no sound
    4th to hard drive no compression result~ no sound
    even tried differnet players , different programs opening it , i.e power dvd , nero suite, even microsoft player all ahd video but no audio. Does anyone have any suggestions. They play fine like I stated if an iso image and mounted full 50 gigs from original.

Well while waiting for a relpy and the superbowl to start i looked across alot of other posts that people were having the same problem. I saw alot of replies that total media theatre seemed to work.
    I reloaded disks in dvdfab and in preview panes where it showed the movie it also played the sound. So I concluded that the sound was there and for some reason cyberlink powerdvd9 wasn't playing it.
    I downloaded totalmedia theatre 3 trial the audio then played, all the files i trieid as stated above did. So I went back to power dvd 9 and researched all my settings. Still no go after resetting different options. Finally went straight to power dvd web site http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/s...dex_en_US.html
    and looked for up dates and downloaded the update. After all was said and done, low and behold all my audio now play without any hitch.
    Maybe it will help some other's out there that have experienced the same problem.See if you sound plays in the preview screen in dvdfab6 and if so you know it's there. Check your players web site for updates and maybe you'll get the same results as I did. Good luck to all that have had the same issues.

Comment

Well thanks for the post and hopefully it helps out another member when they do a search for this issue

Comment

Working...
      X